Heading to day 7

It may not seem like a long time, but I am heading for day 7 and I have to say this has been longest I have gone with out a drink in maybe two years so I have to say I feel good. I had forgotten how focused I can be. I have to say Monday was tough. During my “normal” drinking hours I ws trying to watch TV and nothing seemed to stick. I was uncomfortable on the couch. My body wanted a drink. So I layed on the floor and it was uncomfortable but for some reason it helped. It took me out of my norm. I must have layed there for two hours after that my craving had pass. During the rest of the week I have found carbonated water with lime helpful. The trick is to add a lot of ice. Anyways, feeling good.

18 Likes

Hey @Peugeot501! Thanks for posting and congratulations on your 7 days. I know what you mean when you say it doesn’t seem long, but it is for some of us. I’m currently on day 26, which is the longest I’ve been sober in 32 years! It’s shocking when you think about it. Be proud of yourself.
I also liked what you said about how you just feel a bit uncomfortable somehow. It’s really new and we need to find different ways to spend our time. I tend to o avoid TV at the moment because I find the alcohol adverts a bit of a trigger. Before I know what’s happening I fancy a beer, and I don’t even like beer, so I would say beware of that, just in case.
Keep concentrating on today and posting. We all love hearing each other’s stories.
Hope you have an awesome sober weekend :hugs::pray::hugs::pray:

3 Likes

I am currently heading into day 12 and its been a hard battle. Its weird, but for some magic reason, when I got that double digits milestone, I was like, “hey! I can do this” lol. The way those milestones are set up with this app, you get to watch that bar get closer to those goals to the point you wanna almost obsess over them. Im shooting for the year mark, but that Almost There milestone falls on my birthday so hitting atleast that will be a great presant to myself lmao

3 Likes

7 days is an eternity! I’m happy anytime I can make it just one more day.

Good on ya for pulling together one whole week. That first hump is the worst, but then it does get better.

Earlier on I found it really helpful to use the extra sober time for exercise and trying to get on a normal sleep routine, even though my body was reluctant.

But sober it was also naturally much more easy! Even lazy I have so much more energy now.

Welcome, and I hope you find the same. :pray:

1 Like

7 days is a lot, don’t sell yourself short!! Keep moving forward and good job!!

Keep up the great work you are stronger then your cravings just stand your ground against them and keep strong…

Oh my goodness I do exactly the same thing. In a giant glass. Like 8 ice cubes, at least. And a whole lime, sliced in six pieces. It’s weird, I just started loving this drink since I really started taking my sobriety seriously. I savour it. I have it all the time, often several times a day.

1 Like

Well done on a week! Don’t ever diminish your days. We’re all on the same playing field. Whether it’s 1 or 10000, we’re all just trying to get through the next 24 hours.

Yes, it works!

1 Like