Healing through music

When I went to treatment we had a music therapy class. There was no music in the unit and I was in the shower that morning wishing I could hear ANYTHING.
That day the therapist played 4 songs from her phone… and then she busted out her acoustic and asked us to write down how live music affected us differently. She played and sang Fight Song by Rachel Platten and I sobbed most of the way through. It has since become kind of my anthem to get through this and back to healthy.

2 Likes

I love music and use it to help me relax alot. Cant pin point exacts as i tend to change with my mood so my playlists consists of mixtures of 80s 90s 2000s, pop, rap, dance, love songs (real sucker for these) and the used, hoobastank etc

2 Likes

“The Cave” by Mumford and Sons is so beautiful and inspiring!

1 Like

Ill have to look into that one

1 Like

I don’t know what I just watched but I like it! That must be an incredible live show!

1 Like

My mad about it music

I can’t find my happy about it Music on the YouTube -apparently it’s too obscure. Ford Theatre Reunion -Bombay Runner off The We have only left earth album.

Macklemore - starting over, neon cathedral, otherside, drug dealer, keep ya head up.

Kc makes music & Jordan Meyer - sober

James Arthur - recovery

the whole album called POWERLESS by KC makes music u can find it on Spotify and apple

Trigger warning