Health benefits

I’ve been sober for almost 7 days and I’m exhausted I don’t feel like doing anything that I’ve committed to doing I’m being cranky with my kids and I feel like I just want to sleep. I was having usually one to two beers 2 or 3 days a week. I was hoping that I would feel much better and have more energy but I feel more lazy than ever

2 Likes

It takes time for your body to recover and to find your new normal. It is very common to be exhausted, wicked cranky and feeling just off in the early days of sobriety. Stick with it and you will reap the benefits of living without the poison of alcohol in your body. :heart:

2 Likes

I was sober for a year after binge drinking once or twice a week till blackout I no longer drink liquor I no longer binge drink and I no longer blackout and yet I am tired and feel shittier than ever I never ever felt like this when I was sober for a year after heavy heavy drinking my life is actually going extremely well right now I’m very happy I just thought it would make me feel better to stop drinking physically and maybe lose some weight

1 Like

I had a check up a few months back. I was anemic, admitted to the hospital and given iron infusions

1 Like

It’s a process. I find that I’m slower than I used to be. I don’t know if it’s aging or if it’s the fact that I’m just more present for my feelings now that I’m sober - I’m feeling tired, or angry, or sad, and instead of burying / numbing those feelings in my addiction, I am feeling them, processing them. That is emotional labour, and it’s healthy, but it’s also tiring.

2 Likes