Heartbroken

I don’t know what to do with myself I finally found the woman that I’ve been looking for my entire life the relationship was perfect everything was going right I love her kids I fell in love with her and her kids too deeply I showed affection too much probably I bought her diamonds I was a wonderful man and she was a wonderful woman all of a sudden said she wasn’t ready to be in a relationship full flashlight we was said if we went too fast it when they stop being boyfriend and girlfriend we would still talk and date so on and so forth but then got to where she just being hateful hanging up on me and ignoring me I do not understand how things can go from where she loves me and it’s so happy that I am hers and everything going good to her feeling light I would just leave her alone which is the way it seems my heart is crushed I don’t understand why God would let me finally find what I’ve been looking for my whole life and relationship with a wonderful woman and have my own family finally just for it to be ripped away I want her back we still talk some it’s always short to the point I wish if I don’t get understand I’m having a hard time I’m still sober for almost a year I do not have no desires sometimes I wanted to do it just out of spite but I know better I don’t know where this is going I just wanted to share

6 Likes

Hello I’m so sorry your having your heart broken but as u say drinking won’t help . Maybe try and give her space for a while if she is ignoring your calls just respect she doesn’t want to talk . U deserve someone who gives as much as u put in she wasn’t the one I’m afraid. X

2 Likes

I’m no Doctor Ruth so I will concentrate on what I do know and that’s well done on being sober for so long and realising even when life is hard we cannot use it as an excuse to drink. If that is the only positive you can find in your life right now then god still has your back. Well done.

3 Likes

Sorry you’re hurting; love is so fickle and never easy to understand when you’re not on the same page. What Natnat said; just give her space and if it was meant to be, it will… I’m glad you’re here and still sober; that would be a shame to give that up!
Also, it shows that you can love someone with your whole heart; that’s not always the case with alot of people. :gift_heart:

2 Likes

I had my heart broken in recovery too I got dumped by a woman I was seeing who had a daughter. I’m 24. You sound like a great guy. Take the opportunity to work on yourself and make positive progress. God has a plan for you, if it’s meant to be it will happen in time whatever it is. I’ve benefited from getting out of my head as much as possible, getting to all the aa meetings I can doing the step work. Personally for me I sabotaged my relationship, I wasn’t ready emotionally spiritually financially. Maybe one day it will happen again for me god willing but for now I have to learn to be with me love me put myself my family my spirituality god my finances first and ultimately my sobriety. Hang in brother pray get close to your higher power you’re not alone.
Much love
Dunc

4 Likes

Duncan I love your posts. So inspirational and encouraging. Just thinking out loud :blush:

1 Like

Ugh, I understand that “drinking out of spite”. Today is one of those days…but today is not the day I’ll cave. I’m on 2-weeks today.
Like our addictions, maybe dig out some of your old distraction techniques? Easier said than done when there are kids involved. As a female…back away and wait a while for her to realize the grass isn’t always greener and commitment may not be as scary as some think once people get too comfortable. In the meantime, maybe make some positive changes so 1) she see’s you’re not in ball dyfunctional (tho it may be true, shhhhh, play it off) and 2) if you still talk a little, throw in some weirdass positive change that may get her attention. Better yet, don’t tell her, show her. “Uh, yeah, gotta run. Gotta go work on my MMA combat competition”. :woman_shrugging:t3::rofl: It shows your focus is on YOU, not you WITH her. Start power lifting, or some annoying diet requiring discipline, so she thinks that you just may be a better dude without her! (again, may not be true, but it might get her attention and you are distracted with focusing on something you’ve wanted to do.) Get ripped in spite, or build a fire pit in spite, change you hair, do a detox, or put new striping in your ride in spite…you could have a little fun with this.
Let her sit back and miss you. And see that you’re doing something new and she may see that you aren’t waiting forever.
Just a female perspective. May be warped? May be true. :woman_shrugging:t3: Props on not fallin’ off the wagon.

4 Likes