Hedgehog cake off? (Tw sugar, food etc)

I saw that a UK hedgehog campaign is encouraging people to submit hedgehog cakes to be judged as part of their 10th year celebrations.

I haven’t done any baking for ages but am planning on giving it a go. May not submit my final efforts as it just sounds like a fun idea, but will post here.

Expecting something like this :joy:

Anyone else up for a baking challenge?

11 Likes

I saw this title and thought WTF is a hedgehog cake?? :joy: Apparently, it’s a hedgehog cake :rofl:

5 Likes

I was kind of hoping for a sonic the hedgehog cake. :laughing:

Im gonna have to pass on this challenge but can’t wait to see yours if you share.

5 Likes

Even the pininterest one looks a little demonic!

3 Likes

I mean that would be cool but beyond my cake sculpting and icing ambitions :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yes I’m not sure about those red eyes!

1 Like

That Pinterest fail pic reminds me of my friends attempt to make Shaun the Sheep cake.

Here’s a pic of it.

I mean. Spitting image, right? :joy:

(Before seeing the complete thread, the topic title honestly made me think that maybe this thread is about the Pinterest fails, because I’ve seen that picture before, and remember it vividly :joy: )

Anyway, sorry for derailing. Carry on!

6 Likes

Ha brilliant! Although I am reserving judgement until I see how mine turns out :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I’m sure you’ll do well!! Cheering you on in this!! :raised_hands:t3:

3 Likes

How it tastes is definitely more important! It’s all just a bit of fun :smiley:

3 Likes

Exactly! :smiley:

2 Likes

I am going to try a new cake recipe as I have some beetroot and other bits that need using

And am going to use something like this method for the hedgehog assembly

Putting links here so I can close some tabs on my browser :joy:

3 Likes

Made a rookie error and did not check which baking trays I had before starting. Turns out I got rid of some cake tins recently so I had one round tin and one loaf tin. Which means I’ve had to freestyle my hedgehog assembly.

I think with some (a lot) of icing and a bit of imagination it might look something like a hedgehog :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Ta-daaa :tada:

Won’t be winning any Pinterest awards but pretty happy with how it looks :grin:

Not sure about the cake recipe but there is so much icing I think that will save it.

13 Likes

It looks fantastic!! Well done! :hedgehog:
Edited to add… you should submit it!

1 Like

Wow! It looks beautiful! Great job! It’s definitely worth submitting.

1 Like

Nice job! I love it :heart_eyes:

1 Like

It genuinely, genuinely looks better than the pinterest one. Good proportions and no demonic eyes!

1 Like

Another reason the UK is just better than the US! Call the Midwife starts tonight!!!

1 Like

Oh wow thanks for the confidence boost everyone! Have submitted my entry. Not expecting to win but had good fun making it.

3 Likes