Hello Everyone my first share

[date=2019-01-17 timezone=“America/New_York”]Hello Everyone

My name is Des and I am an alcoholic and addict. I am 7 days sober from alcohol and 11 from cocaine.

I am a mother of three and have been struggling with this addiction for the past 15 years. I am tired of being tired and hiding behind substance and other negative and destructive thought and behavior patterns as an excuse to not live my life to its fullest and to not grow up. I am 42 yet feel I have not grown emotionally or spiritually due to my fear of letting go and letiting God.

I have a habit of retreating and not fighting for the life myself and my kids deserve. When The going gets tough I gravitated to my own will which has never worked. I am ready to let go and let God lead me in his will for my life. I am taking this one day at a time the struggle is real as I am currently ending a abusive relationship with my children’s father that I have been in for the past 14 years. I have to move again my fifth move in the past 8 years. I took time off of work as I feel right now I need to focus on the stability and health of myself so I can be the best me for myself and my children.

So I am starting from scratch yet I know that my children deserve it. I am releasing and trying something different instead of thinking of giving up and that my children would be better without me.

I have been on this site daily, sometimes every hour for the past few weeks. I’ve gotten so much support and inspiration from reading through the threads. They all have been so inspirational and giving me hope. I am ready to except the things I can not change and change the things that I can.

God bless you all and I am thankful for this community.

14 Likes

Welcome. I am glad you are here, and have decided to be better, not only for your children, but for yourself.

The best advice I can give is to focus on the fight in front of you, rather than those forming on the horizon. If it’s saying know to your drugs of choice in that moment, it is enough to handle in that moment. If it’s dealing with the stress of a sick child, or the decoupling of your life from their father’s life, let that be enough for the moment.

Whatever you are doing, doing it sober is better. Maybe not easier, but better. Mord gets done and stays done. Little messes get cleaned up, rather than turning into major issues.

Life is going to happen. Remember we all have our portions of joy and sorrow, peace and anguish. A big part of growing is learning to be comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Come here and share often. Sometimes it’s enough to just let it out. Sometimes you need support. Sometime you want ideas. All of these are found here.

3 Likes

Thank you Yoda-Steve.

I have read so many of your posts and you have been a big help and support already.

I will take this advice and share get and provide ideas.

Thank you. God Bless.

2 Likes

Hi there, I’m glad you posted! It sounds like you are in a good place, stick with us and keep doing what it takes to add up those days one day at a time! :heart:

1 Like

Good job of taking the first step torwards a bright future. I to turned to GOD & the Holy Spirit for Intercession when i started my sobriety journey abd i have to tell you that i am 2 weeks sober never felt so good. There are times that i feel like i’m going to slip. But i look how far I’ve come and how far God has taken me. What’s helped me is AA, church prayer and immersing myself with the word. You got this. The best is yet to come Lotus Flower. :pray::grin:

2 Likes

Thank you MadiH.

1 Like

Hi Hulagirl

Congratulations on 2 weeks. God is good. I as well have urges and have been turning to the word and seeking the holy spirit for guidance. Already feeling stronger and thankful for his grace.

I have tried AA in the past and planning on starting up on Monday.

Best of luck and chat soon. Blessings and strength sent your way!

So glad you are here. Our stories sound similar! Day 6 here! We got this girl!

1 Like

Hey AliciaMarie
Thank you for the welcome. Feel such support already. Congratulations on Day 6. We can do this!

Definitely will be connecting more. Blessings and Strength…sent your way.:two_hearts: