Hello from the new girl!

Great name for a dog :service_dog:

1 Like

Thank you @Nordique! Yes!!! Sooo much more productive. I looked in the mirror the other day and realized how much more youthful my face looks again too. I don’t even need to wear concealer on most days anymore. I’m on my 40s. So that feels like a pretty huge win for me!
Keep on keeping on! We are stronger for this every day. :blush:

1 Like

Go @bakar!!! Welcome to your day 1. Man I felt so much guilt that day. I didn’t know if I could do it but I knew I was tired of that icky feeling every time. Little tiny baby steps every day. Journaling and reading a lot is what has helped me. And audiobooks!!! Anything to pull me out of a rut if I hit a snag. I found penzu to be a nice app to use for journaling.

If you felt like I did… I promise it gets sooooo much better. The memory of those moments start to fade and you can begin to see more clearly, the world around you.

Good luck to you!

1 Like

“Only 23 days” Be proud of your 23 days! That is a wonderful accomplishment and damn hard to do. Im proud of you.

2 Likes

Hell yeah! I love it.

:):slight_smile: :face_with_hand_over_mouth: thank you guys so much for the support

1 Like

Hello and welcome, be well.

1 Like

It’s good isn’t it! How I recognize about the planning the drinking days! :thinking:
Hated my crowded head filled with: when may I drink, how many may I drink, how late can I drink, etc.
My head is so much calmer these days!
Keep up the good work and congratulations with your 70 days! :confetti_ball:

Ps, and welcome here! 🙋

2 Likes

Thanks, i appreciate it. I love litterature and in particular languages, i speak 4 and maybe this will be the time to continue exploring them.

:slight_smile:

It messes with my mind how some people seem more prone to alcohol abuse, perhaps the most perplexing question of public health… And that is what has me a bit anxious tonight.

But i want to take it day by day and also track with app.

1 Like

Good to hear this ladies, this is my reason why I want to stop. I’m exhausted… hope to get my energy up for my daughter, studies and work🙏

3 Likes

Welcome here …it,s a good place to stay sober

1 Like

Hello Willow.
Welcome on this awesome app between very amazing ppl :hugs: I must say that it is so lovely to read that you had this deep reason to stop drinkinging and it’s even better to read that you found it liberating! You have positive attitude and it’s the best way how to stay sober - wanting it rather fighting it. I wish you to keep it this way :four_leaf_clover::heart:

1 Like

Welcome and well done on 70 days I tried stopping for everyone else couldn’t do it naw I want it for my self and 100 percent surrender to program it so much easier keep it in the day. Peace and love all x

1 Like

Congrats!!! Hello everyone, I am completely new to this, but I’m confident tomorrow WILL be my first day sober.

4 Likes

Welcome Lunaa!

This is the best place to be when you’re heading out on a journey of healing. So many wise people here.

Read lots and then read some more.

I found it amazing how many people’s struggles I identified with when I thought I was alone in a world of hurt.

You will find strength and courage here, often when you least realize you need it!

1 Like

I’m on day 2 today. I completely identify with all the comments! Sick of thinking of alcohol. Hopefully this time with all your support and putting my accountability out there i will succeed :muscle::heartpulse:

1 Like

Nice, congrats! I’m right there with you!

Well managed to stay sober last night…so on day 3 this is where the fuckin boozy bastard in my head always wins i will keep reading all of your posts to keep me sober!

Thank you Lunaa :blush:

1 Like