Hello I’m new here

I don’t really know how this works or anything, I’m just looking for a safe place to share. After almost 2 years I relapsed with self harm last night. I have almost 6 years of substance abuse sobriety but the SH is so much harder for me.

7 Likes

Welcome! There is definitely a lot of really great support here.

1 Like

I’m new to this place as well but I’ve found many kind souls here to help and provide support at the drop of a dime.

I also have a tendency to turn to self harm before relapsing on a substance and I understand the pain and shame that comes along with it. You’re not alone and you’ve come to right place. Welcome :metal:t3::pray:t3:

2 Likes

Welcome, Kayla, and you are right - this is a safe place to share. I’ll see if I can get someone who shares your issues to reply. Meantime, try reading this thread that is a great starting point. Resources for our recovery

1 Like

Welcome, I’m also new here. Like brand new. Sure we will figure this out. How you doing?

1 Like

Hi Kayla,
I am also in recovery for self injury and substances. Have quite a few years off hard drugs, one year completely substance free and have been sort of managing 1.5 years, 9 months then another 9 months with my self injury, so three slips in 3 years. Its fucking brutal I get you 100%. What types of ways do you get through urges?

1 Like

Thank you for replying :purple_heart: I have been journaling, blogging, cooking, and reading to try and keep my mind off of it but I feel like I’m just white knuckling it at this point. I feel like it’s different to other people, I can call a friend and tell them I’m struggling with wanting to use or drink, and they are willing to listen and offer help. But if I call someone and tell them I’m having SH urges, they automatically think I’m suicidal, or they say “just don’t do it.” If I can be completely honest, Currently, I am in the place where I don’t know if I want to give it up.

1 Like

One day at a time. I’m not really understanding how I’m supposed to live without my DOC either. I’m really struggling myself. One day at a time.

1 Like