Hello 👋 I'm new here

Hi everyone my name is kasey and I’d like to say the best thing I did was make the decision to get sober. I have 4 days clean today. I am a 7 year opiate addict. It started just taking pills for fun in middle/high school at Friday night parties. As I entered adulthood doing adult things work, paying bills soon I’d find out I was going to be a mom. Life was great until I hurt my back and a friend had some k8s. She offered and I took it (at this point my son is already born) so needless to say he gave me several more. I fell in love with with them And became an addict broke loosing anything and everything the only thing that gave me hope was know I was having a daughter. My husband and I was excited I got clean had her then as we all know you get pain meds after having children. Well there went me back in addiction. As of 4/18/2021 I made a decision get clean or give everything up for my addiction. Thanks everyone here I hope all have a wonderful day :blush:

9 Likes

Welcome to Sober Time, @kaseyjean. You’ll find a lot of people on here who can relate to what you have been through. Congratulations on your 4 days. You’re well on your way to hitting that 1 week mark!

1 Like

Welcome and congratulations! This is a great place for support and inspiration! :grinning:

1 Like

Welcome Kasey.
Good for you on your 4 days clean! Great start!

Gratitude is my strongest tool for my sobriety. I am especially grateful for my wife and kids and every day I have sober.
Have a good read around here. Great place for support. Join in when your comfortable. Check out the gratitude thread if your interested.
There’s a lot of great people on it.
Hope to see you around.
:pray:t2::heart::rose:

Welcome @kaseyjean! Well done on deciding enough is enough, that first step is a hard one and I’m so very proud of you. It’s lovely to meet you, welcome to the family :pray:t2::two_hearts: