Hello. New to this

Hello everyone. I just came across this app. I’ve never joined any online alcohol related apps. I’m sober 44 days. I guess I’m slightly clucking and must be why I installed this. I don’t know what too say but I wish everyone well.

10 Likes

Welcome to this fantastic app Dave. And congratulations on your 44 days. Great work and keep it up. Read a lot on here. Ask a lot. By spending time on this app I have kept sober. It’s a great place. I hope you will feel the same.

1 Like

Thank you very much. I am just learning to work the app lol. I’m trying everything at the minute to stay straight. Each day becomes more challenging. I’m very isolated due to what I’ve lost through alcohol. So glad it’s working for you. I hope I can share and maybe help others too.

3 Likes

Thanks mate. Good to see people are using the app. I’m glad I downloaded it now. I was just looking for a sober counter and seen it had a community. I will give it a go!

1 Like

This is great that you are trying everything. Staying away from people that drink or trigger you might be a good idea for now… So probably that’s why you are isolated right? It’s working for me so far because I’m working on myself every day. I learnt through this app how to take it one day at a time. I stopped looking very much into the future and focus on today…

1 Like

Hey, welcome Dave. I’m fairly new too but I find it useful to turn to when I’m bored. Boredom can be a trigger for me so it’s pretty important I have something more constructive to do! Well done in your sobriety. Take care mate.

1 Like

Yes, I lost most of my friends through alcohol. Any remaining friends I don’t talk too as we just got drunk together. I just keep to myself, so that way I don’t have temptation. This is my first year where I have been getting help. I’ve been drinking heavily for 19 years and the last 2 years where the worst. hospitalised over 10 times with alcoholism. Making a stand and doing whatever it takes this year.

3 Likes

Your right mate. I bought my first xbox a year ago and it helped as I played it daily to escape when I was sober. I’ve stopped playing the past few weeks and I’ve noticed my cravings are dangerously high. So I am looking for new outlets. Boredom definitely is a trigger!

1 Like

Yes, thanks a lot. Its good that there is apps like this. I’m surprised its active. I will mare than likely come on tomorrow and read what’s on it for a few hours! It’s good that other people are doing the same thing in the world.

1 Like

Well done on your sober days and well done for finding yourself here. You don’t have to say anything if you don’t want to but do read loads of posts and understand you are not alone on your sober journey. When you want help or just a good old freak out someone will always be here to listen. Wish you well mate.

Welcome to the forum mate. It’s helped get me to 105 days sober. I check in most days and read threads constantly. Very helpful.

Congratulations on your sobriety. Keep up the good work.

Stay strong hmu anytime!

May I ask why you stopped gaming? Seems like a good way to pass some time unless it gets out of hand. I play some games on apps but spend more time here. Do you follow a 12 step program? That’s a good way to make healthier friends. Welcome!

Thanks mate. 105 days! Keep it up mate.

Thanks. You too!

I stopped gaming as I was playing it too much. Kind of using it as escapism. Starting to realise I should be grinding in the real world. Was building a virtual life that really is pointless at the end of the day lol. Not yet but, I’m going to start to AA after my Addiction Counciling is finished.

1 Like