Hello relapse my old friend

Made it to 18 days and then decided to drink.

I’m gonna try to not beat myself up over it. I’m proud of the 18 days and I am determined to regain 18 days and then some. I realize what triggered me and I am going to learn from it. I never want to have to detox from alcohol ever again. Ever.

4 Likes

18 days is 7 days more than I have been able to do this year. You are on the right track.

1 Like

18 days is good. And these days are not for nothing. It is good to know your triggers. Write down your feelings of detoxing and hangover so you never forget how you felt so you never have to go back again. Good luck!!!

Make it your last day one EVER.
Relapse isn’t a old friend, don’t romantisize it.
Like you say it yourself: don’t beat yourself up. That’s a good thing. But a relapse don’t have to be a part of your sober journey and sure is nobody’s friend.

7 Likes

Have you considered going to AA, SMART, Refuge Recovery, Celebrate Recovery, IOP, alcohol counseling or any type of sobriety program? Are you willing to make wholesale changes in your life, which is just more than putting down the drink. Are you willing to put your sobriety above all else and work on it every day? Are you willing to do those things you didn’t do before your relapse? Triggers are excuses and no matter what you do there will always be a “trigger” that we can use an excuse to go drink. Alcohol is cunning, baffling and powerful. So rather than recognizing a particular “trigger” are you willing to change your mindset rather than your surroundings?

10 Likes

Have to agree with some kind of program or meeting. Getting the right tools to get you through is essential for getting sober

8 Likes

Maybe try a meeting they help wish you well

5 Likes