Hello Talking Sober

Honestly, now that I have health insurance again I may look into getting some therapy. I haven’t been this fucked up since I lost my first love 22 years ago and needed anti-depression meds to pull out of that funk. I also wasn’t a full blown alcoholic at that stage of my life, so my challenges are a bit more uphill nowadays… lol.

3 Likes

Therapy might be that amazing next step for you. I say, fucking go for it. Been thinking about reentering this realm myself. I’ve done couple, individual and physical abuse counseling. I am no stranger to the benefits of dumping on a professional.

5 Likes

Ughh… The worst is calling off of work because you’re so hungover. This has been my go to throughout my 20s and only recently was I able to identify to myself how guilty and shitty it was making me feel about my life. It sucks when shit happens and the only thing that’s so readily available to numb your brain is alcohol. Sorry about you’re struggles man… family is hard to be away from. :pensive: We are here for you.

And I second the idea of going to therapy. Being able to talk to a professional who is unbias when it comes to your life is :ok_hand:t2:

Tomorrow early in the AM will be 3 days sober…! No great accomplishment, but I feel great today and look forward to more of the same to come!

5 Likes

That is a great accomplishment! You should celebrate every day. :blush:

Every day you’re sober is a great accomplishment. Every day you add to that is a great accomplishment! Like @Elisabeth said, celebrate every day!

Hey @alpine_1975!! It is so good to see you. I haven’t been doing so hot myself. I have been off the board for a while because of it. But just this morning I was thinking about you and came to see if you had been around. I hope you’re still doing well.

Me…it’s time to kick myself in the ass and slap myself upside the head. No more of this shit.

1 Like