Help! Cravings

Just felt like talking… Havent indulged in over a day now but it’s late at night and I can’t sleep or eat so I want to relapse. Last night was my first night sober and I stayed at my boys house, but tonight I’m alone and really craving my vice… Any advice? I need distractions

Seeking support here is probably the thing to do - so good for you for making the healthy choice! Honestly, I’m only 24 hours into recovery myself, and am finding inspiration in reading all the posts, past and present, of the good intelligent compassionate people here. Stay strong and keep your eyes on the prize.

Think about how you are gonna feel tomorrow if you would drink. You feel awfull and ashamed and wish you didn’t. So read here, talk here and put another sober day on your list! :facepunch:

1 Like

Finding a meeting, plan things to do, read, write, exercise, meditation call family or friends. Being lonely isn’t good early on, you need to put a plan in place for these days to keep you busy. The first few weeks are the hardest but well worth it when you put in the work

1 Like