Help... first temptation, 13 days in

I’m 13 days sober but today for the first time I’m having temptations. Don’t know what to do?

3 Likes

Hi,
Keep busy!! I am right here with you. On 11 days now so far first week horrendous cravings and body shakes I ached all over.
What ever you do don’t take that first sip!! It’s just not worth it alcohol is a poison that affects us physically and mentally.
Just think how amazing it will feel to wake up tomorrow not having had a drink tonight! And not hungover. You can be proud of yourself so far 13 days is amazing!! Keep it up and stay sober!

4 Likes

Hi Melody!
What worked for me was buying non-alcoholic beer. It tastes pretty much the same as real beer, so I drink it when I have a craving. It’s probably not the best solution, but it’s better to drink a non-alcoholic one than the real deal if the cravings get really bad.

1 Like

Same. I do this as well. Really helps. I would suggest making sure you’re full as well. Eat! :grinning:

2 Likes

I’m 93 days in, just got home from outpatient rehab an a hour ago. Topics were different triggers. One thing I never thought of were different foods we eat. Every one talks about people places: & things.Just eating a bowl of chili & really want a beer. That’s a new one for me. Thought I figured out my triggers guess u never know. Keep fighting :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Hi Melody , please stay strong I’m 6 days sober… I understand the urge to think ‘sod it’ but just think how shitty you will feel when you have the hangover. You can do this, everyone here is supporting you :smiley:

2 Likes

Mine was pizza and sushi. I’ve eaten both several times now sober to get rid of these cravings. I figure I’ve conditioned myself to eat these foods with alcohol, now I have to condition myself to eat without. Bla.

2 Likes