Help I’m struggling l

So I’m 2 weeks sober. I no it’s not long but it’s the longest I have done in 1 year from taking Coke everyday. I feel like I want to get wasted so so so badly. I don’t want to get myself so depressed and angry that I’ve done it and live life letting myself down and others. I get this wave over me that I can’t control that self distructs and normally it doesn’t end with me being on here asking for help. I’m really struggling here. I can’t even eat as I want it so much

7 Likes

I’ve been there. We all have.

Reaching out is good. It’s good you’re here. Addiction wants you to stay in your head. Health - recovery - is getting out of your head, reaching out.

You may not be able to entirely control the wave yourself but you can control how you “ride” it. You ride it by keeping your balance, and part of that is speaking with people who understand.

5 Likes

Another part of “riding” the wave (to get to safety on shore) is staying focused on your goal (which is to get to shore, dry). Remember that.

Also, HALT (which @lorelai posted about here :point_up_2:) is important. Eat something, talk or message with people who understand, write down what’s bothering you and talk with an objective person about it (people in recovery are helpful for that) (then you can figure out how to resolve that anger in a healthy way), or get some sleep. Those four things make a huge difference in defusing the problem and keeping you safe.

Do you have anything you want to share? We’re listening :ear: :innocent:

5 Likes

I hope the link is working, it’s a thread that I scroll through from time to time where you can find very helpful tips from people who have some years of sobriety under their belt.
You can get through this awful feeling you have right now, it’s not easy. But it will pass.

3 Likes

Thank you :pray:t4:

3 Likes

Wow thank you. I like that point. Addiction is in the head and being sober is getting it out the head. My biggest issue. I’m here just reading people’s stories and how alone I feel but reading reply’s and other people’s stories has filled that loneliness. I feel ok I’ve got myself a shower and in bed. Thank you for ur support it really does mean a lot!! X

7 Likes

Take care Queeny. You’re never alone. Reach out - connect - and the wave will always pass.

2 Likes