Help! I was ghosted!

So i have been seeing a therapist for almost a year now. Things were going great until out of nowhere, a couple weeks ago he ghosted me. I have messaged him twice and nothing. I was seeing him privately so i cant go through an office to schedule an appointment. I really dont want to start all the way over with another therapist. Ugh this is so hard.

2 Likes

Have you any idea why he would do that ? It seems a bit strange just out of the blue like that

No! I have no idea why. I did miss my last appointment due to an emergency but that was the very first time i ever missed and i reached out the follow morning firat thing and then i reached out again a few days ago and nothing.

1 Like

They may be ill or something

That is strange perhaps something serious has happened in his life or something has happened to him

Those possibilities crossed my mind but since I have no way of scheduling with him i went back to the clinic i was originally using and made an appointment with someone else.

4 Likes

If they are a worthy therapist there must be a reason why they have not responded. If there isn’t a reason then they are not a worthy therapist.

How did you find this therapist? Is there no other way to get in touch?

I went through a referred clinic and he left that practice back in August and i have no idea where he is currently but the only way i have to get ahold of him is through his email.

I wonder if the old clinic has his contact information for patients who might not have known that he left? I’m not sure how long they would keep that though. :weary: But JUST email seems unreliable.

I have an appointment in two weeks with a new therapist. And i agree, email is so not reliable but it is what it is at this point. We just recently had a new moon which means new beginings and new people so I’m wondering if the universe threw a plot twist at me.

3 Likes

Ugh I’m sorry. As a fellow therapist that is really weird and totally unprofessional. Like he could literally get reprimanded by his licensing board for that.

1 Like

Oh wow i didnt realize that could happen. I wanna become a clinical psychologist myself. I start school this fall.

1 Like

Do what you need to do

1 Like