Help me friends

So I need some major prayers and support from my friends on here!
Here’s what’s been going on:
About 3 weeks ago I injured my back. I have degenerative lumbar disc disease that I have been just dealing with with the use of Alieve and neurontin but it got exasperated at work after all I’m a nurse so well shit happens. So about 6 months ago my apartment had a water leak and caused black mold so I had to get out as I am HIGHLY allergic to mold and in fact almost died from meningitis from it in 2001. My “so called” sponsor offered me a place to stay until I could find another apartment however when Covid hit, they weren’t showing apartments for awhile. So back to the present; I hurt my back & they sent me home on narcotics for pain which I’ve never had a problem with before but she had. I noticed some of them had gone missing but I gave her the benefit of the doubt. So I went back to work, to early but I needed the money to move out. I reinjured my back and landed me in the hospital again for another week and numerous painful injections and PT. This “sponsor” of mine decided to accuse me of lying about my injury to get pain meds. That was never my problem, alcohol is. She even had the audacity to imply that the MRI I showed her I got off of Google!!! Nevermind that it had all my personal information on it! So the day before I got out of the hospital she texted me and started she was kicking me out of her place and I would just have to “figure it out on my own, that I’m a big girl”!! I pleaded for some notice and she shot me down stating she didn’t want a liar & an “addict” in her home. I had no idea what I was going to do! Luckily I work for an AMAZING company that was willing to pay for a hotel for 30days so I can save up for an apartment which they will also help with the deposit through grant’s. So I get out of the hospital on Monday and my Chaplain from work was going to help me pack my things & get my things & 2 chihuahuas to go to the hotel near work. I arrive to find all of my belongings in her driveway and my 2 4lb chihuahuas outside in the heat with no water!! I get settled in to my hotel & call her to tell her that I no longer wanted her as my sponsor and that I cant believe how she betrayed me. She ACTUALLY started crying…CRYING!!! Are you kidding me? Then she said she would pray for me! I had looked through my medicine bag & had found that my narcotics and sleeping pills were missing and she was going to pray for ME??? I’m now in a hotel room feeling betrayed once again, (my ex was very abusive and stole everything from me) and just in pain & so sad. How could anyone who has a heart at all do this to someone??? I’m just finding myself so depressed and crying all the time. I’m so lost, hurt and betrayed. Im coming up on one year sober and don’t want to blow it!! HELP!! I

12 Likes

I’m so glad you also reached out on the other thread. This sure is a lot, and you were treated badly and were wrongly accused. Your ex-sponsor’s behavior sure seems like someone using and returning to her addict mindset and ways. Whatever the case, you are separated from her now and you are moving forward.

You DO have great support - from your job for sure, and from your higher power. You are safe and warm and dry and fed. You are loved, too, by your sober buddies.

This too, shall pass. Just don’t drink tonight, you can decide in the morning. Your decision making might be colored by your pain or your meds or just your generally be run over and run down by this situation.

Every little thing is gonna be alright. I got sober on that promise from my higher power, and it has been true every day since.

Much love and healing is coming your way. :pray:

9 Likes

Man it’s sounds like you’ve been through a lot, you have managed to stay sober for nearly a year so giving in now over someone else is not worth it!!
Her behaviour is not great but it seems like her addiction is causing the issue, getting out of there sounds like the best solution, and you have been shown some amazing support from people around you. Look at what you have to be grateful for not the negatives. Turn it round and pray for her, hang in there, cuddles your dogs and know you are worth the fight. Feelings will pass and picking up a drink will 100% not make anything better :crossed_fingers::muscle::heartpulse:

6 Likes

I’m praying for you :pray::pray::pray:
Hugs and sending you strength :heart::heart::heart:

3 Likes

Thank you I REALLY NEED PRAYERS

3 Likes

You got it. I will continue to pray. Stay strong :heart::muscle::heart:

3 Likes

First of you are very strong because of everything you been through i can relate i also had a water leak in my apartment luckily she put us in a hotel while they fixed the leak forward now and i was given a 60 day notice because she is selling the condo iam in and im not intrested in buying it so as of now i have nowhere to go plus i have a pitbull and people dont like pitbulls after so many calls om exhausted anyways i can relate BIG TIME stay strong keep your head up seems like you do have womderful people on your side just look forward look after your baby chihuahas and keep moving forward i beileve you will come out on top of this !!!

3 Likes

3 Likes

I don’t believe much in traditional prayer, but seems like you do. So here goes one for you…

God grant her the serenity to accept the things she cannot change, the courage to change the things she can and the wisdom to know the difference.

Along with this are good vibes, good thoughts, and a sincere belief that you will make it through this and stay sober all the way.

5 Likes

First of all, I want to thank you for your service. Second, you are doing amazing on your sobriety. Everything will eventually work out and you’ll be in a better place. Keeping you in my prayers and thoughts during these tough times. Sending you a big hugs
:pray: :hugs:

4 Likes

I’ll say a prayer for you. Hang in there and there are a lot of good people here for you! :pray:

3 Likes

Prayers for you.

I can guarantee you, that alcohol will only make things worse, ALL the way around!

Fast forward 24hrs. You’ll feel absolutely horrible for breaking your 1yr sobriety. Your depression will deepen because alcohol is a depressive. Your guilt and anxiety will shoot up 100%. In turn, you will lose motivation, making everything much harder to deal with! Your thinking will be clouded, followed with impulse decisions that will ultimately comeback to bite you. Don’t let the devil tear you down.

I’m hearing so many blessings in your post! Keep trust in the Lord. He’s been with you thus far. There is trial and tribulation taking place and a lesson to be learned. Let the Holy Spirit fill you. Pray for your sponsor, as she seems to be tested right now as well.

5 Likes

I just ran across this aphorism “everything changes; everything is connected; pay attention”. It seemed apropos to share with you @Nursewrachett. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

This sounds shit.
First point, as I’m sure others have said ( I’ve not read down) drinking isn’t going to solve a thing.
And I’m also sure people have said that we can’t control other people’s actions and that hurts when they are directed at us.
You’ve done the right thing though, you’ve reached out to us.
Looking forward, things do look like they are going to get more positive, so let’s concentrate on that.
What your sponsor has done Is shit, but it’s their problem. They are dealing with the guilt and anxiety involved. They are obviously leading a double life, and we all know how draining that is.
You’ve got your pup’s, you’re safe. Try to find the positives, as I said, the future is looking bright.
On a lighter note, you have changed so much over the last year, your selfies show how much.
Well done.

4 Likes

Found it!
What a sponsor you had! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
Definitely time for a new one! You can do without her so it’s a good thing you split.
But I feel you. It’s hard it has to be like this :pensive:
Big applause for your work! You are a good nurse because they are helping you this much. They must appreciate you a lot!
Find yourself a new sponsor and appartment. Be proud of yourself. You are almost 1 year sober! You have a rough time, but instead of drinking you asked for help! That’s progress! That’s what recovery is all about!
You are doing it girl! :facepunch:
It may not feel like it, but it is!
:heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

I pray for you! Stay sober, cuddle your pups, everything will turn out to get better. Believe in God, fate, karma and the universe. You are a caring person, please care for yourself, you did the best leaving this horrible situation and you’re save now. This also shall pass and the hurt and betrayal will fade. Put your energy and feelings on the good, the positive and the here&now. Not your ex, not your exsponsor, not your exappartment are part of your today’s life. You are here, you are save and you move on to better days by handling all the challenges sober, clear-headed and you can trust your emotions because they are pure - not alcohol-biased. My prayers are with you, may God and meditation, the love for your pups and the caring environment of your work & people give you peace, rest and a good sleep. Enjoy a nice breakfast afterwards, I do now and cuddle my cats. Blessings! :hugs: :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Oh girl, that sounds hard!
Seems like your sponsor needs help too, doesn’t sound normal that she steals your pain meds and lies.
Forget her. Look forward! Your sobriety and health are the most important gifts you have, take care of them. Glad to read that your company has such a big heart to pay a hotel for you :heart: I’m sure you’ll find an apartment to live in soon, don’t loose hope, ok?
And the most important thing is: don’t drink. Nothing good happens when we use, nothing. It makes everything worse!
We often are much stronger than we think we are, you’ve got this :heart:

3 Likes

That’s very much addict’s behaviour, friend and fellow nurse. She’s an addict and needs to help herself get out of active addiction where’s she’s obliviously tied into atm. With all the lies, treason and deceit that goes along with it. You can’t help her and its good you removed yourself from her company.
I’m glad you reached out. I hope you find some help, support and solace here. You are holding on and out despite all the sh*t in your life. You’re very strong. Hang in there. You are not alone. We can’t do it alone but you are here with us all and together we are strong. Hugs and love.

3 Likes

How are you this morning, @Nursewrachett?

1 Like

I’m sorry you had to go through this. It definitely sounds like your former sponsor is battling with her own demons right now.
I know it’s hard to do, but if you can work on transforming your resentment toward her into compassion (4th and 6th step), it will help you stay on track with your sobriety. What she did to you was awful - think about how horribly she must be feeling to get to the point where she would act in that way. Trust in your higher self and try to forgive her - not for her,but for yourself.

And find a new sponsor as soon as you can. There are good ones out there and you deserve one

3 Likes