Help me make a playlist!

I build my running playlists based on what I need at that part of the run for a half marathon

First 30 min with faster cadence, to get the adrenaline going and start at a good clip, but not too fast.

40 min of something that keeps my rythm constant, mellow. It’s still a long way to go.

Then 30 min that will keep me moving when it starts to hurt and be tough.

Last songs all-out.

A few of my no-fail songs are Greyhound (Swedish House Mafia) Lose yourself (Eminem), Run boy Run (Woodkid), Remember the Name (Fort Minor)

I test out my playlist in my long runs.

Good luck!

1 Like

P.S. I listen to everything. But one of my guilty pleasures is to have a few superhero soundtracks as a back up for when I need extra oomph! If you like instrumentals, it might work for u too. I feel like I can’t slow down if I imagine I’m running to save the world from evil :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: It’s silly but it works for me. I was an avid comic book reader waaaaybefore all these movies started…

1 Like

I was thinking about something like this. I like the way you think! Also like the superhero song idea. Thanks for the tips!!
@Fury I’m so old school :joy: I still use Pandora well until today. I downloaded Spotify to listen to Jess’s playlist. I have Apple Music since I have an iPhone but I’ve never used it.
@anon9289869 does it make you feel better that I already looked at the list and we have some similar tastes so I’m looking forward to it!?

Thank you everyone for the suggestions! I’m going to start building my playlist this afternoon and then “test” it out on my next long run.

2 Likes

@Runningfree let me see if I can get you a free trial referral, usually like 90 days, but it’s the same cost Spotify premium I just like the platform better

Oh btw I still use Pandora

1 Like

I echo @TMAC, and also Metallica.

3 Likes

Offspring, Chili Peppers, Pantera, & repeat :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

Oohh I like this! I had not heard that specific remix of this song before.

1 Like

Love me some VH!!

1 Like

A few
LIPPS INC FUNKYTOWN
ED SHEERAN SHAPE OF YOU
MARK RONSON UPTOWN FUNK
DAVID BOWIE FAME
MAROON 5 SUGAR
JAMES BROWN I FEEL GOOD
VANCE JOY CLARITY
HARRY STYLES AS IT WAS
THE COMMODORES BRICK HOUSE (too sexist?)
GOOSE HUNGERSITE

1 Like
1 Like