Help me make a playlist!

I know we have tons of music thread on here but I need help making a playlist for my half marathon. I listen to a wide range of music from instrumentals to metal so I welcome all suggestions. I’m looking for songs with a good cadence in them. So far I have a few Lindsey sterling songs but I’m hitting a wall!!

10 Likes

Love love Lindsey Sterling. Great choice.
On my playlist with her are a couple of my faves.
Lime

Under Pressure the one with Queen and Bowie
Land Of Confusion Phil Collins.
Changes by 2 Pac
Come And Get Your Love by Redbone
My Favorite Mutiny, The Coup

Where are you running?
Good luck.
:pray::hugs::cactus::purple_heart:

4 Likes

Add Crack A Bottle by Eminem if it’s not triggering :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

These are the songs that start me up and keep me going.
Short and longer version of Grapevine

3 Likes

Rise Today - Alter Bridge

2 Likes

Arcade fire: Rebellion Lies.

3 Likes

My top 3 artist I listen to are Kendrick Lamar , Tame impala , Mac Demarco . The song I posted is by Tame impala … I find a lot of the songs off the slow rush very positive and motivating. There older music is more of psychedelic rock and newer music like the slow rush is more of pop . I listen to just about everything. I will try to post some more suggestions. Good luck on your play list and marathon run :grinning:

2 Likes

I’m running in Albuquerque in October. I’m pretty pumped. Thanks for all the suggestions so far. I’ll make my way through them :blush: but don’t stop lol I’ll take more

3 Likes

I love Alter Bridge. Haven’t heard them in years!!!

2 Likes

Five finger death punch Jekyll and Hyde
Eminem Till I Collapse.

2 Likes

That’s what I would have guessed. You’re just 4 and a half hours down the road.
I hope you win :hugs:

1 Like

Slayer.

Just Slayer.

6 Likes

Do you use Spotify? I have a pretty ridiculous all over the place running playlist I’ve been compiling for awhile with like 2 hrs + of songs

Feel free to steal em

4 Likes

I don’t currently use Spotify but I ain’t against it lol
I’ll check out the all
Edit- I downloaded it. I’m gonna check your playlist out on my long run tomorrow :blush:

1 Like

https://tidal.com/track/81370243

1 Like

https://tidal.com/track/1701922

1 Like

Two of my favorites to work out to. The warrior song and Johnny I hardly knew ya

1 Like

Most of them should have a pretty good cadence but a few of them are more slow build or flowy. Man now the thought of you listening to my playlist suddenly makes me laugh at myself in a self conscious way :joy:

2 Likes

Some of my running playlist…

Sober by Pink
Coming Home, Diddy
Sweet Child o Mine, Guns n Roses
It’s My Life, Bon Jovi
It’s Raining Men, The Weather Girls
I Will Survive, Gloria Gaynor
Don’t Stop Believing, Journey

4 Likes

What do you use for your streaming?

I’m personally an Apple Music user, they have a great playlist called apple metal workout, it gets you moving.

Alterbridge Metallingus
Parkway Drive Vice Grip

Right there is two jams that If you hear it and just don’t want to get up and move, well I don’t know what’s wrong with you

1 Like