Help me to quit smoking

Hello I am Kapil. I am a software engineer. I have been smoking from last 10 years, now a days my health is getting worst day by day. I tried many times to quit smoking but able to do only for some times for a day, for a 3 days max. Its been more than 10 years that I have filled freshness in mind. Can someone help me with that? Please.

1 Like

This book is amazing! It was a huge part of me quitting smoking after I got sober. A absolute must read if you want to stop :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I waited until i was sober a year then i was going to the gym and smoking didnt help the gym won that was 31 years ago wish you well

3 Likes

I had a lot of trouble quitting tobacco. For me it was smokeless tobacco. 34 years I dipped tobacco. I tried cold turkey, as I understood it to be one of the more effective ways…lasted three days. I used nicotine lozenges. Started with the 4mg dosage and used one every two hours for two weeks, then every 4 hours for two weeks, then I switched to the 2mg ones, and only used them when I felt a craving. One day I realized it was late afternoon, and I hadn’t had one yet that day. Total time was 6 weeks. Just hit 30 days no nicotine.

You could try this method using a vape, since you can get different nicotine dosages, and regularly step the dosage down until you are no longer addicted to the nicotine. In the meantime, you can find a healthy substitute for your hand/oral fixation, like gum, sugar free hard candy or lolipops. For me, it’s sunflower seeds.

1 Like

I used patches for my successful quit. Before that I tried cold turkey, which was a disaster as well as Chantix. I wanted to kill myself on chantix so that lasted maybe 5 days, but it’s a great option for some people! I also used an ecig with decreasing nicotine levels, which was helpful. If it’s more about the oral stimulation, I’d try to lozenges or the e-cig/vapes.

No matter what you use, be gentle with yourself and drink lots of water.

1 Like

Thank you Lula for this information. I will definitely try suggested options.

Thank you Yoda-Stevie this is good information for me.

1 Like

Thank you MissJ that is really helpful for me. I will choose most effective method from your suggestion’s. Thank you once again for understanding my pain n helping me.

1 Like

I’m sorry your having a hard time. I know how hard that temptation can be to extinguish (pun intended). CBD oil helps me significantly when I’m trying to break a stressful habit. Be proud of yourself and don’t forget to BREATHE!