Help! My boyfriend thinks Prison will be a nice break šŸ¤¦šŸ™„

Have you asked him why he drinks, is he unhappy about something in his life.

1 Like

No I wonā€™t because Iā€™m doing something about it. Iā€™m not just going to say some stupid AA slogan and bug him to go to a meeting. Iā€™m using science and logic.

Omg??? Who cares why he drinks??? Have you people learned anything??? You canā€™t fix someoneā€™s drinking problem. He didnā€™t drink and drive for 8 years after his last DUI. He just started drinking and driving recently because someone told him that prison is like a nice little break from life and he believed it.

Maybe you shouldnā€™t comment if you have no intention of providing the requested info because all you want to do is feed your ego by showing how smart you are at curing another personā€™s Addiction.

are you bored yet

3 Likes

@RufTheMagicVegan this is an app for recovery. If he drinks and drives let him go to prison. Shouldnā€™t be risking others. I definatley side with @littlemisschatterbox on this one. Everyone here are incredible folks with a wealth of knowledge and life experience. If itā€™s this bad you should leave. Let him live his life and figure his own path.

3 Likes

Oh yeah! Thatā€™s what Iā€™ll do! Iā€™ll quit my job and follow him around everywhere. God, youā€™re brilliant.

I know I should stop replying because no one here is interested in helping. But people being stupid and feeding their ego when someone needs help really pissed me off.

Youā€™ve all completely missed the point of the 12 Steps.

I have 18 years of Sobriety from Alcohol. Iā€™ve helped a lot of people. When someone in the program asks for A and I can give them A thatā€™s what I do. I donā€™t give them B and tell them how much better B is than A. If I canā€™t give them A or wonā€™t give them A, I just move on.

I need credible info on prison TO SAVE SOME LIVES. If you donā€™t have that, scroll on by.

what about the people who donā€™t go to AA what point have they missed apart from you should go talk to your unhappy partner who is obviously trying to escape from something via prison or death. goodbye I hope he gets some help. I hope you get some help too.

1 Like

Goodbye everyone! Enjoy your relapses!

You can always chat with a local sheriff? Maybe chat with a prison guard? Take a tour of the facility and report back to your significant other. Better yet take him with you.

1 Like

That was fun. :grin:

2 Likes

Yes it was!

1 Like

Really sounds like a lot of wisdom picked up in those 18 years sober from alcohol.
This whole topic has to be a joke. No one is that clueless.

5 Likes

I did a year inside. I assure you itā€™s no picnic. The worst part is jail which he will be sitting in for months. Sounds like itā€™s just an excuse to drink but regardless his thinking is just plain screwed up

3 Likes

Iā€™m confused how the idea of prison is more important than the idea of taking anotherā€™s life? Is that something your boyfriend could live with while enjoying his 'holiday ā€™ reading books?

3 Likes

Hold up. Reading some of this shit and is this for real? Sounds like a troll

5 Likes

If that was real i totally understand why he would want to go to prison, i just donā€™t agree with how he was trying to get there.

1 Like

A troll who posted this previously, ā€™ when I quit drink in 2019ā€¦ā€™

3 Likes

If we canā€™t keep it civil and on topic, weā€™re not having it. Thread closed.

Please everyone review our guidelines.