Here I am again feeling dissapointed

So i’ve been sober for 118 days and started drinking again for a year+ and I am trying again I hope I can keep it up

4 Likes

Keep strong. Detox is difficult, but the real hard part is the PAWS. I know you’ve probably heard this before but find a productive hobby like painting, writing, making music, exercising, playing a sport or really anything you can use to occupy your mind. Especially when you’re getting cravings, having something to take your mind off of it is amazing. Again, sorry if this has been said a million times, but isolation is a major portion of addiction. We spend our time isolating ourselves to get our drug of choice, using it, hiding it from friends and family. Try reconnecting with people, maybe old friends who don’t drink and would be supportive. Family members are a good option too, if they will also be a healthy part of your support group. Just realize you’re never alone and that this addiction doesn’t define you. I am 5 months clean from heroin, and even though I fully understand it’s a part of who I am, I’ve been able to recreate myself in a way that uses my addiction as a powerful motivator to do better. You can do this. If you ever need advice or just someone who will listen, I’ll help because I know what it’s like. Good luck and stay strong.

3 Likes

I really appreciate your support thank you so much for the advice I will do my best to stay strong

Super Glad your back!

As I look back each and every relapse was a necessary part of getting me to the freedom I feel today.

Such a gift to be able to start over many people dont ever make it back. Something weird about the second the drink is in the system.

It what I like to call a disease of forgetfulness. I forget how miserable I was and for some reason have to go out and prove it to myself again.

Each time worse than the last.

3 Likes

Stay close we will help you through the rough days.

1 Like

So true I knew how miserable I was the first time and still I went back but I am going to write a letter to myself to remind me how it feels

No problem, I’m glad I could help even if it was just over a sobriety act. I truly wish you the best of luck.

1 Like

each time i hear story like this is touches me because i have been thru so much the paat two months from being federally indicted to detoxing and still struggling each day with my sobriety i have been on house arrest and every time i seem to get in a comfortable position with new thinking and being able to handle this situation something comes along a devastates me again i have lost everything but i have been trying to look at things in a positive light. i have had relapses and now im just trying to get to a point where im not thinking that the world may be a better place without me i am ashamed to think that way because i have 3 beautiful kids who love me so much but lately i have not been able to shake this feeling. the feeling that i may be saved if i just take the easy way out. i have had substance abuse treatment an juzt today had a behavioral health evaluation.i am seeing a dr tmrw about some meds but im still extremely anxious and just scared tht things will never fully recover of course when i speak to therapists and other addicts alike i feel fine but the hard part is stepping out of the conversation and having to go back into the real world i have been told i am co dependent which makes sense because i have recently tried to rekindled a relationship with my kids dad he has helped me so much already but it seems as if the old trust issues hes had with me have resurfaced and although i literally socialize with no one but him it has started to kill my soul when he doubts me nd accuses me of doing things part of me feels like this emotional rollercoaster will cause .e to use again but i just want us to be the gr8 team we are and i feel that i owe it to him to try to mend his hear because i know that i placed those real fears there
thanks for listening

1 Like

Most importantly we owe it to ourselves!!! Yes this is a hard journey but we will make it we cant let this addiction make us blind for what we have …I am here for you whenever you feel down

Don’t be disappointed, yes it’s happened and that sucks but now you’re back in recovery trying to help yourself again! Let this relapse give you the strength to do it and stick to it this time!you are strong & believe you can do it but you have to believe in yourself

1 Like

Thank you so much It really helps to talk to you guys thanx fir all your support

1 Like