Here I come

The hardest thing I’ve realized about being sober is the constant thoughts of all the things I have fucked up. I cry at times throughout the day, and I think it is because I am coming down hard from meth. I wish I could take back the things I have done to hurt the people who were once in my life. Above all I want to better for myself. To re assure myself that I am doing this for no one else bug me is hard so I use other things as an excuse. The truth is I am tired of being a junkie and I want to become the man I know I am deep down inside.

8 Likes

Im not an expert, but it will probably take a little while for your insides to rebalance your hormones/Chemicals etc if you are just coming down. Those emotions can be a roller coaster. Just try to relax and let it pass. In awhile your body will balance back out. I was fighting really bad ptsd, anxiety and depression this past few years. I did start to see a psychologist and put on some meds, but really feeling a ton better after not drinking. Day 26 now, better every day & i haven’t reached for the anxiety meds in several weeks & overall feel happier.
You’ll get there

Thankyou so much it means a lot to me

I wanted to be the guy I envisioned myself being for so long, I damn near gave up and accepted that I was doomed to this fate. Being a piece of shit, hurting and using others. Just a selfish piece of work.

Then I got sober, went to IOP, went to meetings, went to therapy… doing all the crap I never wanted to do because I got myself into the shit so I had to get myself out. I accepted all that help, so glad I did. I turned my life all the way around. I’m that dude I always thought I was, a good father, a loving husband, a worker who makes it work and works extra so we can enjoy things, built a tool collection and became handy at stuff… love DIY anything nowadays, making/fixing/renovating things for the house or wife.

You can achieve, you can be that guy, you can genuinely love and be loved. You have that ability. It is in you.

Check in often, read and relate, be part of the family here. We can get your back, you can get ours.

If I can get sober and be that dude, you sure as hell can too.

8 Likes

This is one of my favorite memes because it reminds me of the wise words when I start to beat myself up. Hopefully it helps you.

7 Likes

Hey thankyou so much this really helped me out. I was a bit down but felt a lot better when I opened this up. I appreciate the support

2 Likes

Bro this means a lot to me. This basically explains everything I am feeling. I mean Ive messed things up with a really nice woman and it was all but unnecessary. I finally told myself this is the last straw. I thought I was that guy but didn’t realize I was being the exact opposite. Thankyou for your support man. God bless

3 Likes

If you got breathe in your lungs, you got time to be that guy. Believe in yourself, be yourself, be authentic, be sober.

I owe everything I am and have today to being sober. I want you to experience that satisfaction as well.

1 Like