Here I go again, day one

Well, here goes day one again. I know that I will never be able to drink like normal people and I have made peace with that fact. I’m really sick and tired of being sick and tired. Drinking has caused so many problems in my life and I am ready to be sober, longest stretch I ever put together was 90 days

10 Likes

Good luck on your new sobriety life!! It took me years to finally figure it out, but today I am sober and happy! One day at a time!

1 Like

Better late than never and you’re definitely not alone. This forum has been my #1 so far. Sooooo thankful I came across it. I thought this was just another counter that I would have to reset constantly, until I saw the”Talking Sobriety” link. When I feel my will and determination start to weaken I sign in and start to read, read, read. I don’t feel alone in my struggle anymore :blue_heart:

6 Likes

I just reset my clock too…I really had convinced myself that I’d stop after 2 glasses of wine. Now it been 10 hours of being sick. It’s so frustrating

1 Like

Better to embrace the fact that you were not made to drink, than to simply make peace. Once I embraced it, soberity became who I am, not something I try to peacefully coexist with.

It’s like Cortez when he came to the new world. He burned his ships, so there was only one direction he could go: forward.

6 Likes

Thanks for the support

1 Like

I’m sitting here full of guilt and shame about my drinking. Feeling Yuk but definitely gaining strength from your posts Day 1

1 Like

I feel like you should probably teach graduate level philosophy… you always have such lovely insightful analogies to add to the conversation.

5 Likes

Maybe ameeting might help wish you well

1 Like

Well I had to reset again today, I have started over more times than I can count, I just have to stay focused

As long as you are trying again I’m encouraged. Do you think there’s something you need to escalate or add to your sobriety practices to bolster your efforts this time? Or did you learn about a new trigger or situation that wasn’t right for you? Or is it really just a need to stay more focused?

Sorry I just hear the “I just need to do better” thing a lot from relapse posts (not a poor realization but could be more specific).

I’m trying to either learn from what made you stumble, or brainstorm something that can help keep it from happening again (because many people read these threads and learn, I’m not quizzing you only for your own sake)

1 Like

I think it was a false sense of confidence that finally made me feel like I don’t have a problem, that and not being focused on sobriety

Oh, I see. Thanks for clarifying. Yeah, that can happen to anyone at any stage in their sobriety, and I hope I don’t forget that as I get further in with my own sobriety.

1 Like