Heroin .. oh heroin!

If you dont wanna play hell getting off subs you need to stabilize on 4mg( eventually you wanna taper to 1-.5mg ). 8mg is way to much and creating too much comfort. No pain no gain here. Its inevitable your going to withdrawl and you cant avoid it. You can only avoid servere wd by tapering and lowering your tolerance. The faster you get off the subs the better. Maintenance for a long period of time on doses that high is going to be hard…

1 Like

Stay strong dude! You got this!
90 days, set a goal, crush it, set a new one, crush it, rinse repeat.

Rewire your mind, win the war.

327 days free from all of it.

Life is so much better on this side, gotta trust the process. :metal:

Have strength buddy, please think in all the bad aspects before doing it

1 Like

Withdrawals from any substance cause depression, anxiety, as well as other physical,mental, and emotional lows. I wish you the best in starting sober i know its not easy ive had co-occuring addictions throughout my life so i can relate.

I’ve been a heroin addict since I was 25 and I’m 43 in February. It is an incredibly hard addiction to overcome.
I’ve tried all drugs over the years but only heroin has had me in her grasp and I feel I can’t escape her warm but hellish embrace.
Today is my first day clean. I last used at 13.00hrs GMT yesterday.
I feel your pain my friend. You are not alone. We are here for each other. As no one else understands the grip heroin has over people unless they have been there themselves.

3 Likes

I am a recovering heroin and meth addict as well. I have been using heroin for 11 years and I am sober 1 year and 7 months going on 8 months this month. I have been to treatment over 15 times, overdosed off of heroin 3 and meth one time. I was homeless on the streets and doing everything imaginable to get my next fix. Basically I had a spiritual awakening that I believed in Jesus Christ (my Higher Power) and God and felt like I was going to die every time I used the last coupe times I used and after I had that awakening and ran back to God I stopped getting high. I don’t have cravings, I quit smoking cigarettes the same way. Go to meetings and work the steps and get a sponsor is my suggestion to you. I go to meetings on zoom. But my life is drastically different. I am drastically different. In a good way. That’s my story. I can’t explain it in the only way that God saved me from my addiction and He has kept me sober. Have a blessed day.

5 Likes

Well done moonchild7994. I’m still on a methadone prescription from my GP but I keep lapsing and relapsing. It’s so hard. You should be incredibly proud of yourself, hell I’m proud of you! :blush:

2 Likes

What worked for me was a detox/rehab for 30 days followed by lots and lots of AA. I also went the vivitrol route after rehab. Did a few months in sober living as well. I still do AA and have a MH provider. Be cautious of long term methadone because it is equally hard to kick, even when prescribed by a doctor.

3 Likes

I personally would never advise the methadone route. Go on subutex/buprenorphine instead.
Methadone is harder and more painful to get off that heroin itself.
I’m due to go into hospital in January for 10 to swap to the buvidal jab. Don’t know if you have it or what you call it in the states, it’s a buprenorphine jab once a month.

Glad to hear your fighting your demons! Stay strong you will get through this :muscle:t4:

We call it sublocade here. When I got sober i did a 5 day suboxone taper. Bupe has nasty withdrawals as well so I didn’t want to be on anything long term

1 Like