Hey guys happy sunday

Just checking in really struggled today took my son home, all the lads out for st patricks day egging me on to come out got that urge i really wanted a drink lasted for about an hour but it passed, god its so hard when you feel like your missing out. So i have come ro do an extra shift at work to help out and busy.

9 Likes

I’ve been struggling for the last few days. Been in a funk. Even went to a meeting and out after with the usual crowd and it didn’t seem to help. I’m at the gym jow and just going to pack my day with things to do hoping it can get me through. Especially because both my kids are going to other family’s tonight. Keep communicating though. We can get through today. Keep. Praying and keep the faith

1 Like

It’s all fun and games til you’re in deep with drink number xx and you wake up hating yourself, not remembering much and down $$. Good on you for staying the course.

1 Like

Well done.

I know the “missing out” part well. Felt it for a long time. Just fast forward to the other parts you will miss out on. If you’re anything like me, that would likely include screaming, incoherent and tearful arguments with friends, green vomit, a nightmarish hangover to start the work week with for tomorrow and boatloads of self disgust and regret.

3 Likes

Thats it trying to keep my self busy as am just coming off the drink am working on my diet this month made a plan to hit bk at the gym on the 10 of next month. But am just taking it hour by hour today as am feeling weak but determined not to break

1 Like

I feel ya. We’re all here if you need to talk. I’ve learned support is the best way to overcome

2 Likes

Thanks guys if i feel like a drink i try to turn for support on here as its a very big help. And i struggle to talk my self some sence

Lol. I’m bad with that too.

You got this…any way you need to…hour by hour…and every hour reflect on how awesone your doing…this is my 3rd st. Paddys day sober and it feels awesome. On days like these i like to plan ahead with all things i enjoy and spend with whoever wants to not drink like my kids and my couple sober girlfriends. Make it extra fun with activities you totally enjoy and start new traditions…enjoy your day my friend!

Well done to go into work, if only as a distraction. Smart choice. It’d be much harder to just stay home and stew in those feelings of missing out. It’s a double positive for you: stay sober, and make some dough. Win-win.

Remember – you are not missing out. They’ll be hungover as all hell tomorrow. Guess who won’t be? They could get themselves in trouble today. Guess who won’t? They’re out there wasting money, while you MAKE money.

Today, you win.

2 Likes

@TMAC i like that one buddy evetyone loves a winner ay thanks guys hope your all having a lovely day and fighting the good fight

1 Like

Hey Stevie. Good to see you staying strong mate.
I need say no more. It’s all been said above.:laughing:

1 Like

Don’t feel like sobriety means you can’t have fun. If being around drinkers gives you an urge to drink you are doing the smart thing! That takes courage. Good job! There are st pats 5k’s where you can enjoy and parades or groups to join etc… Learning to have fun without alcohol means you can have fun any time you want without spending money or feeling like crap the next day. It takes time keep up the good work!

3 Likes