Hey there, new to the forum

Hey everyone, my name is Ashley. I am fairly new to the whole sobriety thing. I am getting close to 60 days, which is absolutely insane to me because I remember a time in my life where I couldn’t even get to 24 hours. My DOC was xanax, it completely controlled my life for the past 10 years. I feel hope for the first time in my life in many many years.

13 Likes

Welcome Ashley.
Congratulations on your getting close to 60 days. That’s great.
This is a great place to get and give support. Lots of great people around.
Hope is a beautiful thing.
I certainly have a lot more hope now that I’m sober.
Hope to see you around.
:pray:t2::heart:

Hey there! Very glad to be here :heart:

1 Like

Welcome Ashley :innocent: I’m happy to hear you’re on your journey. I am sure you’ll find what you need.

Read around here and explore the threads. When we get sober we find two things: we have a lot more time on our hands, and we have someone new we’re getting to know (developing a relationship with) - our sober self.

Our sober self is a very interesting person and often unfamiliar to us. It takes some time and it’s full of surprises, but building that relationship with your sober self helps so much.

Get to know a bit about others’ experiences and I’m sure you’ll find a lot that’s familiar. There’s all the personal threads around here and there’s also some dedicated threads for resources and podcasts / etc etc about recovery - like this one:
Resources for our recovery

Welcome!

3 Likes

Thank you very much!!

1 Like

Welcome! Congratulations on 60 days!

1 Like

Welcome! Congratulations! I am so proud of you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello!! Thank you very much :revolving_hearts:

Thank you beautiful :heart: very glad to be here

Hi @Anc1017, welcome! It’s great to meet you…well done on 60 days that’s brilliant work :clap:t2::two_hearts:

1 Like

Welcome to TS! This is a great community with a lot of great advice, glad you’re here.

1 Like

Welcome Ashley! Great place here with awesome people. Read and post often. 60 days is great. I find the days stack up quickly. As others have said, you find your true self on the journey of sobriety. I am a firm believer in hobbies. Revisit an old one or try something new. I myself enjoy collecting and spinning records and podcasting. Congrats on finding us here… I wish you continued luck and success on your journey.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: 2022 Roll Call – Introduce yourself!