Hi all just for advice

Am still going ok am 10 days in to not drinking starting to feel a bit better mentally but my stomach pains and nausea have been really bad is this normal for the early days? I was planning to go to a meeting tonight but was unable to go as I’ve been feeling so unwell

1 Like

This is totally normal and it’s a rough ride. You will come out the other side though.

1 Like

Hi. Good job on 10 days, and more for planning to hit a meeting.

Can’t say if stomach problems are normal at this point, as I didn’t experience any, and it could be related to all sorts of things. Maybe you ate something that didn’t agree with you, or maybe you have a touch of a stomach bug. Could very well be a symptom of withdrawal, as well.

I would treat it like a stomach flu, and starve it. Stay hydrated. If you must eat, stick to bland foods like rice, bananas, saltine crackers, and drink clear liquids, like chicken broth, water, or tea. Stay away from grease, dairy, or meat. Continue until you feel better, plus a day or two.

1 Like

Thanks mate I had a 7 day detox in hospital I’ve just come out but these symptoms seem to have come on over the last 3 days could be my body trying to repair itself but my anxiety as also been really high so might even be that think I’ve just got to drink plenty of water and ride it out!

1 Like

So long as it’s not severe or goes on too much longer, that’s a good plan. Takes time for some things to settle back down.

Also, it’s easy to chalk everything up to recovery when that’s where we’re focused. But don’t discount the possibility it could be unrelated. Maybe just a touch of stomach flu or something!

In any case drink sure won’t help. A call to the doc could answer it quickly if it lingers.

Hope ya feel better soon!

1 Like

Thanks drinks the last thing on my mind suppose that’s the main thing

1 Like

Feeling a little bit better today nearly another day under my belt :muscle:

You might want to add some vit. B to your diet.

Good luck bro!

Cheers man hope your well too!

1 Like