Hi everyone day one again

Day one …. Again

After being sober for a year I thought I had it beat and could drink in moderation……

Didn’t work out so here I am trying again….

27 Likes

We will never be cured but in recovery. Good on you for coming back, back on the horse friend you know the drill :people_hugging:

9 Likes

Welcome back Oscar,
It’s good to have you here, you can do it again! :facepunch:

10 Likes

Welcome back Oscar. A year is such an accomplishment. I know it took me a very long time to understand there was no magic change that was going to allow me to be a ‘successful’ drinker. I had a problem. Time off was not going to solve that problem. Not drinking today solves the problem for me. And it is a relief frankly to not have to think about it anymore. I am glad you are here.

9 Likes

Welcome back @Oscar1 :pray::peace_symbol::heart:

4 Likes

Welcome back Oscar! 1 Is too many and 1000 will never be enough.

3 Likes

Welcome back Oscar!

2 Likes

Oh Oscar… I’m so sorry you relapsed. Thank you for your honesty with yourself and the forum. I am a chronic relapser . I just can’t seem to get a running start. Some tools are missing in my recovery that I need to utilize. Tell me how you accomplished one year. Take all that knowledge and effort and apply it to recovery again. You ARE stronger you know. The devil knew that and adjusted. It’s OK. Welcome back​:blush::v:t4:

6 Likes

Hi Smokescreen thanks for the kind words.
No real method to reaching a year sober, although looking back now it was a great achievement. Staying sober over birthday, Xmas and new year ……

If I’m honest in my mind I only set myself a year to stay sober and with that mindset I was just counting down to when I could start drinking again.

This time I have to try and get my head around never drinking again….

7 Likes

Welcome back :hugs:

1 Like

Amazing stuff you wrote down right here. Welcome back.

2 Likes

It can be done Oscar. Look at the old timers with 30 and 40 years. Amazing but only one day at a time. We’ll get it. One day we will.

2 Likes

Stay strong you done a year that’s amazing

3 Likes

Yes that’s very true one day at a time.
I found focusing on weekends or get together coming up would then have me thinking it would be ok to have one or two ……

Just focus on the present :heart:

3 Likes

In my early recovery the thought of never using drugs and alcohol again was way too much for me to fathom. I could however go minute by minute, hour by hour, day by day. I can stay clean today no matter what, just one day. If my world crumbles around me I know I can stay clean at least one day and then i will re-evaluate when I wake up. One day at a time, with a solid support of like minded individuals who are all working programs of recovery, a power greater than you, Honesty, Openmindedness and Willingess… do that, everyday. The days will turn to years and before long you will have a life like you only dreamt of. No chains, full of choices. Its the best life.

:sparkles: :heart:

5 Likes

Yes, definitely agree, 1 day at a time

1 Like

It’s sad that we do this to ourselves!
There is not one single story of successful moderation, not one!!! Not that I have seen anyway!

Now you know first hand, use it as motivation to shut down the alcoholic voice that tells you it’s ok, it’s not, it’s really not.