Hi everyone it's my first day but

If you don’t drink today, that’s a win. Build those sobriety muscles, get used to reacting to people and events without taking a drink. Get used to the ability to refuse a drink that’s offered. You only have to do this today, to stay sober between awakening and sleep. That’s how long I’ve been sober, since I woke up today.

Learn from yesterday, plan for tomorrow, live in today. Worry about the future is wasted energy and a way of saying that you do not trust your higher power or your purpose in the universe or whatever you call it. The future is out of my control. I can plan and make preparations, but worry is useless and undermines my plans.

Blessings on your house :pray:.

1 Like

Progress, not perfection! Just please keep in mond that one time limiting your intake doesn’t mean there isn’t a problem and that you’re able to continue to do the same regularly. Proud of you!

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing your experience. It’s great you made it through that night and you can be proud of yourself. I am proud of you! One day at a time. Keep on going!

1 Like

I agree with everything said here. It’s all about progress. Sometimes we don’t just quit, we have a journey that leads us to that point. Keep your goals in mind whatever you do. I hope as the days go on you can find the strength to say absolutely no, if that is your goal.

Another thing said above was to not fall into the trap that being able to say no after those two shots. It’s false hope man. You did it yesterday, but what if you keep saying yes and two turns into ten turns into a terrible blackout with embarrassing shit? Not good.

Keep your goals in mind, always. This is the sneakiest disease. Hope to see you around here making amazing progress!

2 Likes