Hi everyone , relapsed after 132 days!

Hello everyone , some call me Milo and I’m an alchoholic and an addict.

Started at the age of 14 and its been a hell of a ride. I’m 31 now. I’ve done a lot of things im not proud of throughout the years , been to prison and recently institutionalized because of my inability to stop drinking and doing drugs.

Spent about 4 months there, and time spent there was pleasent and rewarding. I relapsed day before yesterday.At one point I realized I couldn’t do this on my own so last night I visited an AA meeting. Tonight I plan on going again and since The Program worked for so many I hope it will for me too.

I’ve been around this app reading posts and it gave me a lot, even though I didn’t post much reading your stories was rewarding as well.

Today is my second day sober .

Wish you all the best and thank you :heart:

15 Likes

It’s good that you’re going to a meeting again. A lot of people do find success and I think that it’s a good idea for you. You have a lot of support here. Don’t be shy. Try checking in each day on the Checking In To Maintain Focus thread. Even if it’s just to say, “Hey, I got through another day without caving in,” it could be useful for you. You’ve got this. You got 132 awesome days. This time it will be more.

3 Likes

Hello so pleased you have come straight back to recovery its great your getting involved in aa as it really does help us to keep focused and meet people who understand what we are going through. Hope you hang around here and get yourself involved into this amazing comunity x good luck x

4 Likes

Thank you all for your support and kind words !

Welcome to the forum. I’ve come to the same realization after years of dry spells and relapses that I need some help in overcoming this. So after years of fighting it, I’m back to meetings and a program. Seems to work for many.

You should definitely check out the Daily Check In thread.

Checking in daily to maintain focus #15

2 Likes