Hi I’m Lyricazelea and I’m a codependent. Anyone else?

I just realized this today. It hit me like a ton of bricks. It suddenly feels so clear that this is where my addictions come from. I am single but I’m incredibly codependent with my parents and my 10 yr old son. How sad. How fucking obvious. How did I never see it before? Anyone else here identify strongly with being codependent? Anyone in CODA? Are there apps or groups like this for this area of focus? Mind blown :exploding_head:

7 Likes

I’d like to hear more about this. I realized in college that I always end up in codependent relationships. It took me 20 years to figure out that the best way not to do that was to not have relationships at all. For the most part I’ve done that, cut out any relationships/friendships from my life. But just like being an alcoholic, stopping drinking doesn’t make me any less of an alcoholic…

3 Likes

Hi and welcome Lyricazelea,
Ya I’m constantly working on my codependent addiction with my wife. Now that I’m sober. I’m finally going back to Al-Anon Alanon.org
It’s helped me tremendously. I first started my awareness of codependency when both my children became addicts. Al-Anon saved my life.

There are threads here to help.
I use the Are you affected by a loved one who is an addict?

You are definitely not alone.
:pray:t2::heart:

2 Likes

Your definitely not alone, I’m codependent as well and I’m in the process of being more independent, setting healthy boundaries is very important for people like us

2 Likes

Melody Beattie has some great books on codependency. And some daily readers.

Here’s one example.

3 Likes

Hey there, I identify as codependent and am working to release others from my responsibility and come into my own mostly in my psychoanalysis.
It’s a really important topic in my opinion. Feel free to share more about your experiences with it here or on existing threads like the addict loved ones that was shared or here for example:

Codependency and addiction? Let’s debate!

Welcome!

1 Like

I said that bc mom is an addict, my dad is codependent with her. They both encouraged me to have addictions in a weird and messed up way. I learned this is the way deal with anything difficult.

I also have shied away from relationships. I can’t have a healthy one so it’s like what’s the point, I’ll just be alone. But I’m working on my healing, and hope that someday I can be heathy in relationships too. I think that’s the way to do it. I hope you can do that too :heart:

Thank you so much :heart:

1 Like

Thank you :heart:

I just bought this book yesterday :blush:

1 Like

Thank you, I’ll check them out :heart:

1 Like