Hi I’m new here looking for support

Hi I’m Kiki and I’m an alcoholic. I have been relapsing a lot lately it’s ruining my life and I want to stop drinking…. I’ve had 3 years before sober and threw it all away and it’s so embarrassing and makes me want to cry. I know I can do it I just need support and to start going to meetings again and making time to see a therapist, I think I would like to start naltrexone again and really stick with my staying sober for good!

13 Likes

Welcome! I don’t post much, but reading other people’s posts have helped me a lot!

4 Likes

Sounds like you know all the right things to do to get back on the sober wagon, meetings and naltrexone are a great idea. Welcome to the forum I find it a great help to visit several times a day.

2 Likes

Sorry you are struggling struggling but remember that you are stronger than you realize…keep on keeping on…each day offers a fresh start

2 Likes

Hi Kiki :yellow_heart:

Wow three years sober is freaking incredible. I’m so happy you are here. There is so much love and support ( and experience) in this community. In the mean time it’s okay to cry, I do it all the time.
ODAAT :heart:

4 Likes

Welcome Kiki. This has been a great place for me and my sobriety. I couldn’t have gotten this far in my sobriety without the help of a lot of loving caring people here.
Have a good read around. Join in when your comfortable.
Advice for new comers and constant relapsers

I hope to see you around.
:pray:t2::heart:

3 Likes

Thank you :heart: I’m going to read some posts now and I feel better when I talk about things instead of holding it in and starting here is already given me hope! Thank youuuu

3 Likes

Welcome @StarK31
First: congrats on 3 years, you got them under your belt :heartpulse:
This is a good place to read around for advice and sharings, helping and understanding people. Come here to talk/write, I find it very helpful. We are also allowed to vent here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Remember ODDAT and HALT, helps me a lot. :pray:

2 Likes

Yes I’m so excited that I have found this part of the app. I have been using the sobriety counter but didn’t know bout the forum communit…this is will be a great help, I’ve already enjoyed reading posts and advice. Thank you for your reply and kind words :heart:

2 Likes

Hi, I know how you feel. I had 5 years and then relapsed. It felt like I totally ruined that 5 years :expressionless:
The good news is: I haven’t!
All those tools I gathered and strenght I’ve found where still there and so have you!
Just pick up where you left it and give it your all.
It sound easy and it isn’t but it’s absolutely doable.
I’m 3 years sober again.

See you around!! :raising_hand_woman:

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing your strength & hope!! Yes you will see me around I’m sticking this time no matter what and I will use my tools like you and so many others have suggested❤️

3 Likes

Love this post Kiki. Despite the fall, your getting back up and I can feel your determination! Best of luck and keep posting. :blue_heart:

2 Likes

Thank you! I want this so bad and I keep replaying the bad things that comes from drinking I think getting comfortable has made me relapse frequently I think the saying that sticks out to me is “One drink is too many and a thousand is not enough.” I need to remember that daily because the constant insanity that comes with relapse is enough, I’ve had enough!

2 Likes

Try a meeting might help wish you well

4 Likes

Welcome. I hope you will dig into the threads available here and start engaging. This can be a good tool in your recovery toolbox.

I definitely understand this and I think it’s easy for us to get down on ourselves when we fall, but I would gently urge you to use that experience as a learning tool. Examine it. Figure out how you were thinking leading up to that point. Your thoughts ultimately drive your emotions, which drive your actions.

If you can dig in and see where your thinking was at, and how your emotions were affecting you in the time leading up, then maybe you’ll learn something about yourself that will help avoid falling back in the future.

I wish you the very best in your journey. I know you can do this.

2 Likes