Hi, I'm just starting out being sober today

Hi, today was the day I decided to quit smoking weed. I’ve been smoking it solidly for 6 years now and i can finally see how much it’s impacted my life, and I hate it. But I’m super nervous because I don’t want to tell anyone that I’m quitting, and I’m scared I won’t have the will to actually quit. I’ve tried before and it never worked out. I’d love someone who can help me through it, I’ve used weed as a security blanket for years but it’s time to stop being dependent on something that isn’t improving my life. If anyone would be willing to be my sponsor that would be so amazing! I’d be so grateful!

7 Likes

Hi, welcome to the forum! It’s a great place to become and stay sober. May I ask why you don’t want to tell anyone you quit?

:sunflower:

3 Likes

Welcome! Congrats on taking the first step. You can do it if you put your mind to it! Hope to see ya around!

1 Like

A lot of people don’t know I smoke, and the ones who do aren’t the most supportive. It’s just an iffy situation all together, so I’m scared to do it alone

2 Likes

Thank you!

Stay kind and gentle wirh yaself nice shower if possible n into bed eRly where possible I k ow some days washing or brush g my teeth is more than I can handle if that’s the the it’s OK it’ll all come in time, be proud your taken that first step

1 Like

Welcome! I found the more people I told, the more accountability I had. It worked in my case and I’ve been clean and sober over 16 months without any relapses.

2 Likes

How you doing @Littlemac

1 Like

If you get a hold of the book of Alcoholic Anonymous, I can take you through the 12 steps of recovery. Addiction is addiction no matter how you slice it.

Once you get a hold of this book, send me a private message so I can give you my phone number , and we can go through the steps together.

Alcoholics Anonymous / page 24…

" Lack of power, that was our dilemma. We had to find a power by which we could live, and it had to be a Power greater than ourselves. Obviously. But where and how were we to find this Power? "

Plenty of water

1 Like

I’d suggest hitting lots of online zoom meetings,

2 Likes

I would advice anyone to find a sponsor themselfs, ego plays a big part in sponsoring example here ? try zoom meetings until face to face come back , sponsorship is important choice for people who wish to start the steps , wish you all well