Hi. My name's Jessica, and I'm and addict

Hi. As it states. I am Jessica. I am currently 14.35 days clean of heroin according to this app. I am really struggling with cravings and now my underlying anxiety issue. My clean date is 11.7.20.

I’m so proud of myself but I am also so frustrated because I am struggling so much since leaving detox. I wanted to go into rehab but absolutely no one will take me with my health issues. It was a 100 steps back moment for me as I was dead set. I am now waiting on my outpatient appt Monday where my previous MAT doc is pushing Suboxone down my throat. As I am clean clean Suboxone will only be possible if I have an opiate tolerance. I’m not willing to go back down that road. I’m finding it hard to find joey in absolutely anything including spending time with my children. Well child. My oldest has set some very reasonable boundaries for me right now which I am accepting. I seem to be having these deeply intense cravings which lead to all out panic attacks because I am fighting them so hard.

Is there anyone out there struggling like me? I want this so bad. But I also am an addict. Forever will be. I hate myself that I still miss that feeling. The calm sense that took over for me. Please tell me this gets easier. My longest clean time was 8 months with Suboxone.

13 Likes

Thank you!!! I wish I didn’t having cravings as severe still but it’s multiple times thru the day and night. And does anyone struggle with dreams where they almost use?

1 Like

Welcome Jessica. Congrats on 2 weeks, that’s an awesome accomplishment. Try to keep busy during those cravings. They won’t last forever. I took so many walks during early sobriety that even the dog was tired of walking. I also spent a lot of time on this forum and going to meetings. I went to IOP after detox which was a big help. Between working full-time, IOP and walks, I didn’t have much time to think about using. Do you have any hobbies? If not, maybe try new things. I found myself doing legos and puzzles with my daughter, something I never considered when I was high. She loved all the time we were spending together. Anyway, I wish you the best and we’re all here for you.

I still have using dreams once in a while after a year of sobriety

2 Likes

Hi Jessica and welcome,
My addiction is alcohol. Yes, those dreams are called relapse dreams. I’ts normale I’m affraid. I do not like them either, but the good thing is there not real!
So when you realize it’s just a dreams you are still clean! That’s the good part!
Congratulations with your almost 15 clean days! That’s great! Keep up adding those days, it will become easier after a while!

1 Like

Hi everyone. I´m Daniel. I´m from Colombia and I’m working on my English every single day since I moved to Florida.
By the way, I´m 39 years old. I´m a veterinarian and I´m alcoholic. I started to drink long time ago, perhaps when I was 13. The reason was that this bad habit sadly is common in my family. My father and grandfather drank a lot (they died although for other reasons). I recognized my issue many years ago and tried to quit but I could not. At the beginning I remember I had bad dreams, It was not easy but then the nightmares were gone. Nowadays, I have been drinking less than the past but my goal is don´t drink anymore. Maybe, just a beer some times but not more.

Thanks for reading me and I would be more than grateful for you support.

3 Likes

Welcome! This is a great place.

1 Like

I felt obligated to reread this today. Day 14. Struggling asking if this will ever get better.

Day 75. I am active in my own recovery and sobriety. I see it for the amazing gift that it is.

Seeing the changes within myself from that point to the woman who responds with compassion. Understanding. And love.

My only regret now will be that I never did this sooner.

Thank you. All of you.
This wouldn’t be day 75 without your help and guidance.

7 Likes