Hi. Please give me some pointers. 2 days sober

Oooh - even better:

1 Like

You have permission to do anything that is safe and legal, to ensure you are sober. There are no limits other than those.

For example:

• If you’re in a committed relationship that seems to be creating more drama than support, you have permission to seek a safe, stable place to live. Maybe at a friend or family member’s place? Anywhere safe and stable. What happens to the relationship is not really something you should worry about now. I know this is emotionally hard and it will not be easy to take the space you need. But you need to assert your rights here. You have a right to a safe, stable space where you can be healthy.
  • Many people in early recovery find they have a sweet tooth or some snacks they crave. Cut yourself some slack here. Give yourself permission to eat what you want when you want, as long as you’re sober. (This usually stabilizes over time as you establish a healthy sober life.)
  • Many employers permit medical leave, etc.; I know in my case I have taken unpaid leave for a few weeks where I needed time to sort some stuff out (it was unpaid but the job was there when I came back). Be assertive and professional about your needs here too. Employers understand that healthy employees are better for business. Put it in those terms.

Those are the things I think of off the top of my head. There are many more, according to your unique situation. The key thing is this: you have permission to do anything that is safe and legal, to ensure you are sober. There are no limits other than those.

1 Like

“You have permission to do anything that is safe and legal, to ensure you are sober. There are no limits other than those”
Matt, oh my gosh! I am going to learn this uber quote off by heart😊

1 Like