Hi y'all! (I hope I'm posting it it the right section)

Hi everyone, this is my first post here, and I just wanted to share my milestones with someone: just a few days ago I’ve reached 3 years and 11 months drugs clean and I’m 20 days alcohol clean and this last one is so unexpected since I found most difficult stop drinking than do drugs (even if I don’t know why). Anyways this is my 4th try with alcohol and I’m so proud of how things are going right now! I used to drink to forget my childhood abuses and control my feelings after two suicide attempts and years of self-harm caused mostly by my borderline personality disorder and depression. Even if for my father I don’t have a problem, for him I’m just exaggerating, I’m doing all of this alone and I’ll try my best, I’m in a point of my life where I understood who I am and what I deserve.
I can’t say I’m happy, there’s a lot of work I still have to do but I swear I’ll do my best.

8 Likes

hello and welcome, firstly well done on everything you have achieved to date and secondly you are no longer alone. Post and share, read other people’s experiences and advice and welcome to the best non judgemental, loving family your ever gonna meet. :v::heart::pray::100::muscle:

3 Likes

Welcome and congrats on the 3 years and 11 months clean and the 20 days sober. I’ve had several addictions and in my experience, some were a lot harder to kick than others even when I expected it to be the other way around. I think it just depends on a person’s own body and psyche. I hope you continue to come back here and let us know how you’re doing. Just know that there are people here cheering for you and hoping for your success.

2 Likes

Welcome so glad you are here, Congrats on almost 4 years off drugs and 20 days sober. You know life is so beautiful, weird at times but very good. If you want to change and put in that work like you did with the drugs, you are already sober for a long time, its work yes it is but it pays off, it gets better you’ll see. Thank you for sharing your story.

1 Like