Hmmm how to cope with stress and pain?

Whenever i have so much stress and pain i drink to make it go away… Gotta figure out new ways to cope…its also hard because im a dancer so its easy to get free drinks but im going to say no to all of em i got this

3 Likes

Exercise! Go for a run to relieve stress! Drink a bunch of water to quench that thirst. :muscle: You do got this!

2 Likes

Thank u for this

1 Like

When I’m very stressed I’ll write out a page or 2 in a notebook of whatever is on my mind, even the embarrassing stuff. The. I’ll rip it up and throw it away, it helps.

There are also things you can ask yourself like Why am I feeling this way, then ask why to that answer, and then why to that answer… etc. Repeat until you find the root cause of what’s going on.
(Be careful with this one though it’s simple but often very deep.)

Congratulations on asking the question
:sunglasses:

4 Likes

Oh man I feel for you hun! What youll find helps the best with NOT accepting that free drink is figuring out WHY you can’t say no…
Gain control!
You know you got this!
I bring sober friends with me to remind :ok_woman:t2:

1 Like

Are you an exotic dancer?

1 Like

You only have to say “no” to one drink…the drink that matters…the first drink. If you always say “no” to this drink, there can’t be a second or third or eighth. You also only need to say “no” to one person…you.

4 Likes

I just saw on another thread that you are a stripper. I have danced for 8 years and I can honestly say the only way for me to stop heavy drinking and doing coke was to get out of that industry. In 8 years I have not met a single “clean” dancer, every one was drinking or/and getting high. Even the super fit and healthy looking ones. Specifics of the job, I guess. Years later I am still dealing with the aftermath of my past experience. I wish you the best in your journey towards sobriety. But as long as you work there it won’t be easy.

3 Likes

I did it! Wrote shit down thanks

4 Likes

Tacos, tacos fix everything

2 Likes

Oh man you are so right. Tacos can cure any craving.

1 Like