Hobbies and dealing with then and now - what to do when sober

Hi. 44 days abstinent for me today after going into a detox clinic. But with sobriety comes more brain activity and thoughtfulness.
I left a abusive husband 4 yrs ago and lost my children in the process.
Have just finished a domestic abuse course ( freedom programme) very helpful and insightful, no more second guessing myself. And am now aware many victims of domestic abuse also lose their childen to the dominator in these domestic situations.

And yet what now? I am not a extrovert probably due to the control i lived under for many years. I am a gardener so flake out after work and havent managed any of my planned evening exercise classes where i hoped to meet people and get some endorphines flowing.
But i am really pleased to say i have booked a 10 week art course, something i stopped doing years ago due to my shakes and my husband controlling my activities.

I am really excited and thankful I now have something in the future to look forward to. Might seem a small goal but its mine. :heart:
What are you looking forward to?

5 Likes

Wow im so grateful that u got out of that relationship and congratulationson ur 44 days! I was in an abusive relationship many years ago also and i absolutely can relate to ur post. I too did a DV course and did one on one and group therapy. It was very helpful.
Im excited for you about ur art course. That sounds fun!!! I think what im looking forward to is regaining my health by exercise and eating right. This month has been awful for that due to illness but I love exercising as a hobby. I love feeling strong and capable of anything. Thats what exercise does for me. So im looking forward to get back to that on monday :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks. I am sorry you have been poorly! Yes wxercise does release happy hormones. Roll on monday for you. I should make more of a effort.
There is no Dv group therspy around here i did it online but havr therapy in about 5 months. Xxx