Hobbies to Keep Busy

So what does everyone do to keep busy when passing time away from the day to day?
I know gym, reading are big, especially in winter months.
My wife and I have a few large gardens in summer months, but during winter, and with price of produce, we have an indoor hydroponic setup that keeps us in lettuce, some herbs and hot peppers that we run from Nov-May in our mud room.
Interested in hearing of any things you all do to help pass some winter time short days.

15 Likes

Not being passed out on the couch has definitely freed up a lot of time for me.

I’ve played guitar and dabbled in drums when I was younger. After quitting, I used the money I saved and made a little recording studio and started collecting instruments.

Now, I spend my time writing and recording music.

Summer time, I play in a Thai Folk band at various festivals in the area.

14 Likes

there are lots of threads about hobbies in general and in particular like gardening you can look up.

2 Likes

That’s amazing man. What a cool setup.

2 Likes

Apologies, delete if required.

just a hint to have good read around, it’s quite inspiring!

This is going to sound kind of silly, but I love doing word searches. I work them while sitting in front of the tv. Right after I quit drinking wine, I needed to fill my time with something.
I also go to the YMCA for aqua fit three days a week.

6 Likes

Not silly at all Doreen, word searches are fun and focused. I do enjoy the odd one I come across myself.

1 Like

Well I have read about 2000 posts and 100 topics in my 8 days here, but unfortunately haven’t apparently got to them all quite yet :wink::joy:

3 Likes

I have picked up my guitar almost once a day so far, still not ready to accept it back fully into my life. I also play online poker(play money) for a couple hours, helps me meditate.

Oh by the way…THAT IS AWESOME HOOF :heart:

3 Likes

IMG_3163
IMG_3173
IMG_3164

MY MUSIC AND MY GARDENING

3 Likes

Very cool, and you live in Scotland? A place that has always been on my short list to visit. My grandfather is from there, so a bit of a draw for me.
Before I move back to the west coast of Canada I’d like to get there while still on east coast.

1 Like

Most people in Canada will have a ancestors from the UK especially from Scotland and Ireland

2 Likes

there’s hobby as keyword tagged in threads, you can use hobby or a particular like gardening, hike, diy, sport, travelling sober, music, meditation etc. try it, i’m pretty sure you will find some interesting ones soon. unfortunately the forum has no real structure on topics, browsing the categories is helpful.

It was a query to others. Why are you so stuck on this? I get it. Thanks.

1 Like

Good to know you got it.