Holiday Decorations 2022

Don’t think, just obey :joy::joy::joy:

7 Likes

Absolutely!!!

3 Likes

Got my Advent wreath today :blush:

17 Likes

I’ve never had a tree tradition. Over the years I’ve hopped around from decorating a rosemary bush to my sad little book tree last year. Today I’m going to get a fake tree to keep.
My hubs bday is Dec. 11th and his family tradition was to put always put the tree up that day. My bday is mid-February. Maybe we’ll keep the tree up until then to banish the winter gloom. If people can decorate “early” maybe I can keep the party going later.

Step one, buy a tree. My brain is already 2 months ahead.

11 Likes

We have one tree, a small one that the decorations change with the seasons and holidays

4 Likes

And the cats destroyed it? :smirk_cat: :smile_cat:

1 Like

:heart::christmas_tree::dog:

17 Likes

Aww. Great to see Rue. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I wonder what Rue’s thinking about that gorgeous tree.

2 Likes

It looks beautiful. Great job.
Love it.

2 Likes

Probably about chasing squirrels and when her next dose of turkey will be :chipmunk:

4 Likes

I now have one too! We’ll see how my pre-lit 7 foot pencil tree fares with two rascally one year old kitties. Update in a few weeks when it goes up.

@Thirdmonkey just the one tree? :wink:

6 Likes

The tree is up! The outside is done too but I’m to tired to go take a picture of it :laughing:

18 Likes

@Olivia :grin::grin::grin: No, they just sniffed and I told them to NOT destroy it. So far it’s still in original shape :hugs:

@TrustyBird In Austria we traditionally keep the tree up until Epiphany, 6th january or Candlemas, 2nd february. Keep it up as long as you like, from bday to bday is a beautiful idea :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Decoration on the tree in front of my house is up and I sit here, watch the sparkle and have hot chocolate :sparkling_heart:

12 Likes

So my ex hates Christmas and he didn’t take the time when he moved out to take any of his Christmas stuff. A lot of it is like homemade stuff from his childhood that I’m definitely sending back to him or to his parents but then there is this……

It has been my favorite ornament and I only just realized his name is hidden on it. Is it bad if I keep it? :see_no_evil:

14 Likes

I mean he did leave it behind so he probably won’t miss it but do you want something made by him with his name on it is the question. If you don’t mind his name being on there I vote keep.

6 Likes

That’s a tough one. When you look at it - do you think “ugh, it’s his” and not want that energy in your home or your gut? if not, I’m with Jen - keep it!
I told my ex (we’re on good terms, divorced a decade ago) that if I ever feel a twinge of guilt about the nice things I ended up with from our former home, I “send him light”. Yeah, I got an eye roll back from him at that one! :smirk: :laughing:

6 Likes

I’m so grateful for Ms. Monkey. She decorates for all of us! :laughing: :evergreen_tree: :orange_heart:

8 Likes

This one isn’t even something he made. His parents are big into Christmas and bought ornaments every year for each of their kids. So it’s like a sticky note taped to the hanger string that has his name and the year written on it and could be easily removed. I forgot it was even his.

@M-be-free49 that gave me a good chuckle I love that :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Thanks for your opinions! I tucked it up into the right corner lights of my plant window. Now I need to dig out the rest of my baubles.

15 Likes

Looks cosy and beautiful! :orange_heart:

1 Like

I visited my parents this past week. They recently redid the main floor of their house—lots of modern black/white/grey vibes. When I showed up, my mom was SO excited to show me all of the Christmas decor that she’d repurposed to match the house. She must’ve spent days painting ornaments, hot glueing black and white scarves onto wooden reindeer and spray painting garland. It made me so happy to see her getting creative and feeling proud of herself. It also kicked me in the butt a little… time to put my own holiday decor up!

9 Likes