Holiday week

So im on annual leave from work this week. Im a tad limited on funds so using it as a self care week and finding free things to do i have fuel so i can drive the dogs to nice areas to walk :slight_smile:
So far i spent the first two days watching all sorts of shows and relaxing and mainly eating and cooking from scratch.
I pay a monthy membership where i can attend the local swimmimg pools whenever and as much as i like so also utilising this!
Getting on top of house work but a room at a time no rush!
Sometimes think i should be doing more but tbh relaxing is so important and doing me the world of good plus sober so im also still getting up early and out and getting to bed for lots of great sleep :smiley:

18 Likes

Stormy. I’m currently lying on my bed, under a blanket with my 2 dogs. I should be at work but so far I’ve slept more than I’ve been awake. So I must need it right?
Don’t worry about not doing enough. Self care is one of the most important elements in our journey.
Just enjoy the week doing what feels right. Just listen to inner self. Let it guide you.

7 Likes

Totally agree with @anon12657779. Your body is your best guide and you’ve had a lot of pressure work if I remember correctly? Embrace this time to just BE. everything else is secondary. And Geoff …get out from under that blanket we can still see you ! :laughing::laughing:

3 Likes

Agree with you both. Yes i have had a tough time at work so its nice to not worry about there atall ive made sure ive removed anything work related like emails etc off my phone.
I have also disabled facebook which i may delete all together after the week i feel much better without it!

3 Likes

Still here Adrienne :grin:
@Stormy Stormy, your good girl! Just do you. Facebook sucks. I’ve still got it but never really go there. Just need messenger as we have a family group so we can keep in contact with our eldest girl easier. There is probably another way we can do it, WhatsApp probably. But, hey, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it right?

2 Likes

I disabled Facebook from my phone too. It’s been great! I got a little FOMO last weekend and found that, by no surprise, everyone was posting pics of drinks over the weekend. :unamused::unamused: I’m thinking of a permanent delete soon. Good for you!

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure you can still use messenger if you delete your Facebook account, I could be wrong though

1 Like

Vacation is a time for renewal. Whatever it takes to do that for you is good. Some people like to do lots. Some people like to rest. If you spent your entire vacation sleeping it’s okay because it is YOUR vacation.

Have a lovely week.

1 Like

I tried it a couple of weeks ago. I’ve not had Facebook on my Kindle but it told me I needed a Facebook account.

2 Likes

I deleted it once and all i got was questions so disabling it is easier as its not there but i still exist on it in the background so no one does all this have you blocked me as i really cant be doing with all that right now!

You can yes :slight_smile:

Thank you :slight_smile: i like to try do one thing a day whether thats just a nice walk is fine by me :smiley:

I deleted it once but could still use messenger :confused: not sure now :s

1 Like

Other than this site I stay off social media. Honestly do not feel at all like I am missing out.

2 Likes

any new shows that you watched and want to recommend to us? :smile:

I watched the new season of black mirror! 1st one very good other two not so good.
Years and years is great!
The virtues
And i wont lie im a love island watcher haha
(Gosh i watch alot of tv!!)

2 Likes

have you watched the film Bandersnatch? its the movie in the Black Mirror series. i heard its really good!

i love emma thompson - i’m putting years and years on my watch list immediately!

thanks for the recs, @Stormy!

1 Like

I have yes i rewatched it a few times to just choosing different options :smiley:

1 Like

I’ve really wanted to recommend the virtues a couple of times on different threads but was worried it might be counteractive to some people with some of the issues Stephen Graham had in it. I’ve liked everything Shane meadows had written and or produced

1 Like

2 recommendations now - putting that on my watch list as well :smile: