Hopeful on Day 2

I quit cold turkey from alcohol…the hangziety was hell…I’m feeling much better today enough to workout…still no appetite…My brain fog is starting to clear as long as I can sleep which is difficult the thoughts of fear and doubt but I started speaking affirmations and reading scripture and not running from it because of the shame and guilt…I could actually look my face in the mirror today…I have been drinking a ton of diet pop but at least it’s not Fireball and high octane beers…I did manage to drink 60 Oz of water today but still drinking the pops because they tast good…anyway I will share more later…I am out in the middle of nowhere re no AA nearby and I drank alot out of isolation…very depressed and very dumb of me.

4 Likes

Good for you Michele!

Have you tried an online meeting?

Online meeting resources

1 Like

Not yet…but this app has helped me alot…I tried quitting several times but this time I had a real scare and I am sick and tired of not being in the present…I have been through AA before about 5 years ago…I know people who are and have died from Alcoholism and I don’t one to be one of them…I really due cherish life when I’m sober…my I’m under the influence I am fearful and anxious…oh another shot will help…it was never enough. I have a chance.