Hopelessness in my sober life

I feel hopeless and dumb.
Attending my online classes without passion.
Just passing the time to get the degree and find a job.
I feel alone, I am bankrupt, I got fat, my hair is falling down and I hate my life sometimes.
I wish today ends up peacefully and tomorrow will be a better day.

3 Likes

Thanks for your support Laura :pray:
Wish you a good 24 h :v:

1 Like

Sending some positive thoughts and rays of sunshine your way. I’m in a little of the same rut I’m doing things because I have to, not because I like it or because it feels fun. Most days I dread to the fact that I have to get out of bed an being an adult another day but somehow we do it anyway. And we get through, this will pass eventually just like everything else. Things will get brighter and better. Until then, keep fighting and try to find at least one thing to do that makes you happier and improves your mood everyday even if it’s just for five minutes.
You are not alone :cherry_blossom:

1 Like

Sorry you have to feel all this :pensive: When I have a time like this I make a list of things I have influence of. Then I adress one as the most important one and make a plan to fix it. Making a plan and do something make you in control again and is deffinitely having an effect on your mood. Take babysteps! Your not hopeless and not dumb. Just overwelmed by your mood right now.
Maybe a walk will help? Nature always helps me :herb:
:heart:

1 Like

Thanks for your massage :pray:

Thank you :pray:

1 Like

I am sorry you are feeling hopeless, that can be a challenging feeling. You are not dumb though. You are human and doing your best. Sending some hugs your way. Glad you are here and reaching out.

1 Like

Hugs my new friend! Life just gets to us sometimes. Your getting a degree and that’s something I don’t think I could do. So I’m a little jealous of that :wink: The feeling of loneliness is something I’m working thru too. Just remember you have a lot of people on here that wants to see you living the best life. Don’t be so hard on yourself

1 Like

Sending you a smile and a hug…

1 Like

Thank you all for being there :pray::pray: I feel already better and im going to call my sponsor and talk to him.
:bouquet::bouquet::bouquet:

2 Likes

It’s hard to see the light sometimes, but as previously mentioned, you are not dumb. Just a little down. Which gives plenty of room to make some positive changes. I felt this way this past summer, and started to make weekly goals of changes. More water, more workout, better meals, cut my hair, work on a new certificate, read, job fairs, etc etc. Small things but they build up. And I’m feeling way better! I know you can do it to. Small steps add up in big ways! :gift_heart::heart::heartpulse:
Stay strong and keep going - you are worth it

1 Like

Thank you :pray::pray::heart:

School part, I went and got an automotive tech school degree just to pass the time and used it to make money when I need to,

I love cars, but I hate working on them for a living,what you are getting your degree in doesnt have to be an end all to be all, I’m working on a PhD in public safety, I mean I’m a long ways away but alot of my credits will transfer as electives, so if your not passionate about your field, use it as a leaping stone for a degree you will love.

The rest of the things you stated are all correctable, you don’t like your life fix it.

1 Like

A big hug for you today :hugs::hugs::hugs:

1 Like