Hormones and nearly 10 days sober

I’m nearly 10 days sober, but also my hormones seem to be somewhat crazy, I feel like laughing and crying, and feeling like I’ve done some thing wrong and I haven’t, it’s all in my stomach too, not sure if it’s my age too I’m 45 and not sure if it’s pre menaporsal too :weary:going to the gym to try and get rid of these awful feelings, feel like hybernation really

7 Likes

There’s a thread on hormons and sobriety. You are not alone and welcome to join us :hugs::sunflower:

2 Likes

Brilliant, it has definitely got worse since trying to get sober, and getting more intuned with myself, I’ve been doing lots of cardio which I find good and to focus :grin:

2 Likes

Mine went haywire at first too…im on the implant, hadnt had a period for probably a year then started bleeding the 2nd week of being sober…its levelled out again now…im 6 months

3 Likes

Well I’m going to see how I go if not go to the doctors, I’m on no birth control now as I’ve had all the children :grin:reading maybe the HRT, glad you are sorted :muscle:each day as it comes I believe

2 Likes

Yes, maybe are the hormones.:pensive:

I just wanted to let you know that early sobriety can mess with hormones, hope you feel better very soon :heart:

Also…evening primrose oil is good for hormone fluctuation i take it daily

I’m going to do some reading, I’m on antidepressants which I have been for a few years since loosing my mom, but I’m quite sure it’s the peri menopausal, the joys of getting older :joy::muscle:

2 Likes

Im 42 so im pretty sure i have symptoms too, the evening primrose is good tho

1 Like

I can feel you. I have some days more under my belt but only recently came to the point of actually accepting that there is a cycle. And that among other factors my mood, my productivity/power/motivation is strongly correlated.

So many years when also my cycle was off I fell into holes and got into suicidal thoughts and was somewhat recuctant to say: yeah, fuck you hormones. I don’t like it but it’s part of me and I have to embrace this. And since I took responsibility for this (also my sugar at certain times during my cycle) it got a lot better. :innocent: Welcome to TS.

2 Likes