Hospitalized...Glad I'm Sober

Finishing up day 886. Had an unexpected hospitalization. Went to the doctor on Friday…sent to the ER for a scan and tests…minor procedure recommended…procedure went bad…emergency surgery…three days in the hospital. Just not good BUT…my overall health is good. The presenting problem is not drinking related…TMI, just a long term urological issue. But, had I been recently drinking my health would have been poor, I would have had cravings, etc. Another reason to support what I already know…drinking is no good!

42 Likes

Oh no sorry to hear of your troubles. Im glad you are sober too @Mbwoman

6 Likes

Get well soon, dear!

6 Likes

Oh wow, I’m sorry to hear it led to emergency surgery. Good thing you’re healthy otherwise. Sending positive vibes for a speedy recovery.

6 Likes

Oh i’m so sorry that you just went through all that - grateful that you getting treated and hopefully will be all good soon. Sending you comfort and healing vibes.

Amen! - grateful that we are no longer doing that and getting our health back on track! :people_hugging:

6 Likes

Glad you are okay @Mbwoman. Hospital time is never a good time. Glad you’re sober.

7 Likes

Big hugs to you and well wishes for a speedy recovery from surgery!

Grateful for you recovery from addiction. Mine to. Hope to see you up and around in no time! :relieved: :orange_heart:

5 Likes

I am glad you are okay!! And sorry to hear about emergency surgery, that sounds scary. Thank goodness you are sober and healthy and can deal with it head on. :people_hugging::heart::people_hugging:

5 Likes

It’s nice to see you post but not so much under the circumstances but it sounds like you are stabilized and everything has been taken care of. I have missed your posts and have thought you’ve just been on an extended honeymoon. I’ve seen some here and there. I’m glad that everything is OK and very sorry that something went wrong. Big hugs to you and lots of love with the get well wishes to get well completely, to have 100% recovery from your hospitalization problem and big congrats to you for your sobriety that made it all better.

5 Likes

Get well soon :sunflower:
It’s great that your sober lifestyle puts you in good health besides the acute trouble. Great to hear about it and Amen to drinking is no good :hugs:

5 Likes

Horrible to hear what you’ve been through but glad you’re on the mend now. And you are absolutely right, drinking destroys our bodies defences

4 Likes

Good on you!

1 Like

Sorry to hear you’ve been in hospital. Wishing you a speedy recovery :heart:

2 Likes

The irony there…yesterday was our one month anniversary. Man, he got the short end of the stick.

6 Likes

Thanks for the well wishes everyone!! One day at a time. Works for many of life’s situations.

8 Likes

:pray: Thinking of you :bouquet:

1 Like

Just wanted to say that I hope you feel better soon💐!

1 Like

So glad you’re getting well taken care of and hope you mend quickly!

1 Like

I’m sorry you are in the hospital! I hope you will be feeling better soon :heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

Hugs friend. Get well very soon.

1 Like