Housing and living a drug free life

Rents…are on the rise across the nation.

Some are going up as 1000 more then a year before.

A man in Scottsdale saw his rent rise 836.00

Housing is needed to stay clean

And its as if the powers that be who control rent increases…properties etc are going to help the new tide of homelessness which leads to relapse and other acts and no one seems to want to do anything about it.

Many states dont have rental caps so they can go a percentage as high as 56% but some usually do or used to do 5%

You cant stay clean without a home that is plain and simple

No one wants to live in tent cities that have not chosen to live there but no pwople are being forced.

Why are hardworking law abiding citizens now beimg seen as the pandemic scapegoats …inflation is destroying us and i can guarantee that you will and probably already have seen a rise in drug and drink

Dont see this as a political topic

Its a recovery topic

I have been clean for almost 5 years because i have a stable home…when i was in supportive housing drano was readily available so i was socially using knowing that soon it could all fall apart…i got out before it did .

A trip to belgium in 2017 altered the course of my life and its slowly starting to feel as if i have to prepare for an unwanted change due tl the hands of greedy landlords etc .

Roomate situations are price gouging as they see the need for more income themselves.

No one should be paying 770 to rent a room unless they have access to use the entire property or you plan on giving them 1/3 back when they leave.

Recovery is at stake

And maybe its time people in recovery banded together and rented and created recovery homes

Example rent a 2200 5 bedroom home charging 500 a month and set up a job space lab and taught each other computer technogy so we could then create a business to help fix computers or hairdressing…in other words lets create our own stable places

1 Like

I agree, affordable (and safe supportive) housing for all in recovery is essential. I am studying addiction counseling in college and this is a frequent topic, along with a one size model does not fit all. Non substance addictions like sex, gambling, etc are exceeding substance addictions.

1 Like