How about a sandwich (thread)?

Never go to war without a cup of tea

4 Likes

Brioche Bread

Honey Roasted Peanuts ground down to peanut butter from Fresh Thyme

Homemade Strawberry Jelly my wife makes.

Take One Bite, and be thankful i’m alive. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

Oh my gosh banana peppers are amazing!! They’re not spicy, just amazing flavor

4 Likes

I put banana peppers on everything! Great on any sub.

@Merryshoes - they’re similar to pepperoncini, if you know what those are.

3 Likes

Remember when I first got to University in the 90s they had a hummus and carrot baguette and I thought it was the most continental and sophisticated thing I’d ever had.

5 Likes

Facts!!! I love Banana Peppers. Penn Station (in the US) Philly Cheesesteak with Banana peppers and that pizza sauce… :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:

3 Likes

Did it have coriander in it? I seem to remember the '00s sandwiches with houmous and carrot always having coriander too. I was not sophisticated enough to have tried houmous in the 90s though!

1 Like

Since when do you need to be sophisticated to try hummus?

2 Likes

My favourite sandwich - the classic Reuben.

Most of the time I’ll just keep it simple with ham & cheese.

Will need to try an “Elvis” soon.

3 Likes

Yes, a Reuben with the Russian dressing on the side for dippin’.

1 Like

Haha, I may be showing my age. It wasn’t really that common and I certainly didn’t grow up in the circles that would have had houmous around. Only knew it existed when I was mid 20s probably. Now it is a staple at kids parties :rofl:

4 Likes

Mmm, not sure I’ve had pepperoncini. Spanish cuisine is not big on hot spice, so we also don’t get a great variety of peppers.

Yeah, it was unknown in the ex-mining town I grew up in.

1 Like

I always wonder what my Grandad (who didn’t think a jacket potato was a meal) would have made of what my kids eat now. Sushi, olives, houmous…

4 Likes

My mum would make curry by making a casserole (Oxo and all) and then putting curry powder and raisins in. I never even had pasta until my teens at a friends house.

Back to the sandwich topic, I really miss Branston pickle here! Cheese, ham and Branston sandwiches!

3 Likes

Ha…yes, my Mom gets horrified at the thought of eating raw fish!

1 Like

Tuna, lettuce, onion, tomato and mayo on just about any bread. Skip the onion if working closely with others LOL

1 Like

What is an Elvis?

How do you get jelly inside a sandwich?

1 Like

PB&J Sandwich…