How about October Push-ups Challenge?

I think the nuts part is we got to pick and my crazy ass did chest to ground :joy: I could have done any of the modified options but nooooooo

2 Likes

Didn’t check in in a while but still doing the challenge…
Still doing wall-push-ups :woozy_face: but hey I’m doing them :grin:

2 Likes

Ummmm, I thought that’s how they had to be done? No wonder I don’t like them!:sweat_smile:

1 Like

lol the ctg are standard/ non- modified but the trainer will have us do thrusters which is a burpee without the push-up and other variations

1 Like

Day 25 done in my gym sesh tonight.

2 Likes

Day 25 done

2 Likes

Im not following the chart. That being said at the end of every class i teach i make the students do 10-10-10. 10 push-ups, 10 crunches, and 10 jumping jacks. I now have started doing it with them tanks to this thread. I teach on average 5 classes a night so they are addingh up haha.

4 Likes

Day 26 :white_check_mark: I’m ready for rest day tomorrow

3 Likes

Day 26 done on the bus!*

*Not really on a bus, I just wanted say that!

2 Likes

Day 26 done, that’s a lot of push-ups!

MTD
Run/Walk 43 miles
Ride/Spin 57.25 miles

2 Likes

I’m too late this time, but will there be a November challenge? This one likes to join there :grin:

2 Likes

Yes, stay tuned!

2 Likes

There’s this one from last year we could do

4 Likes

Day 28 :heavy_check_mark:, I nearly forgot before bed! I ran on the beach this morning, then we walked into town and along a trail that follows the shoreline, so lots of motion today!

MTD
Walk/Run 51.75 miles
Ride/Spin 57.25 miles

“Something” by Robert Frost

Once, when trying with chin against a well-curb,
I discerned, as I thought, beyond the picture,
Through the picture, a something white, uncertain,
Something more of the depths—and then I lost it.
Water came to rebuke the too clear water.
One drop fell from a fern, and lo, a ripple
Shook whatever it was lay there at bottom,
Blurred it, blotted it out. What was that whiteness?
Truth? A pebble of quartz? For once, then, something.

3 Likes

I 100% forgot yesterday :woman_shrugging:t2: I’ll do today before I head off to W. Texas

2 Likes

Those rest days can mess with me, too, and I get out of the habit so quickly!

2 Likes

Day 29 :checkered_flag:

MTD
Run/Walk 54.75 miles
Ride/Spin 57.25 miles

No whiskey for sale
You get caught, no bail
Saltpork and molasses
Is all you get in jail
They call it Nutbush
Oh, Nutbush
Yeah, they call it Nutbush city
Nutbush city limits

Tina Turner, Nutbush City Limits

3 Likes

Day 30 :white_check_mark: Sets if 10. No way I could do 50 all at once :joy: At least not currently

3 Likes

Day 30 done. 30 then 20. I’ll take it. That’s way further than where I would have been otherwise. Think I might just try busting out a set of pushups once a week now. Thanks everyone!

3 Likes

Day 30 and October done and done! At one time, I did a challenge that increased the number of pushups in a single set across 30 days from 2 to 50. Similar to this month, except the single set count always increased. So I was able to do 50 at one go. Sobriety is amazing sometimes.

Drove back from Maine (it rained a solid 200 miles all the way home!), on my two favorite roads of all time, the Kankamagus Highway and the Franconia Notch Parkway. The Kank (which until yesterday I was mis-pronouncing as Kankamangus, not Kankamagus) runs through the White Mountains National Forest - no houses, gas stations or amenities beyond scenic overlooks for about 35 miles. And the Notch, on a day like today with the rain glistening off the sheer granite walls and the fog block the view of the mountain tops so it looks like we were driving into a stone canyon with no exit, wow!

MTD
Run/Walk - 57.25 miles (@Becsta that’s 90 k this month for me) Edit to add one more mile on Halloween - funny how the numbers came out identical for the two modalities!
Ride/Spin 57.25 miles

Gravy
Raymond Carter

No other word will do. For that’s what it was. Gravy.
Gravy these past ten years.
Alive, sober, working, loving and
being loved by a good woman. Eleven years
ago he was told he had six months to live
at the rate he was going. And he was going
nowhere but down. So he changed his ways
somehow. He quit drinking! And the rest?
After that it was all gravy, every minute
of it, up to and including when he was told about,
well, some things that were breaking down and
building up inside his head. “Don’t weep for me,”
he said to his friends. “I’m a lucky man.
I’ve had ten years longer than I or anyone
expected. Pure gravy. And don’t forget it.”

4 Likes