November workout challenge

Let’s continue the series, as we dash smack dab into the height of the holidays! These are are simple movements, all body weight, and the only things you need are a chair and a can’t stop won’t stop attitude!

Varied core, lower body and arms evolutions for your enjoyment, grunting is optional but encouraged! :crazy_face:

The schedule:

The exercises (adapt as needed):

• Squats: Start in standing position with feet shoulder length apart. Keep your back straight and core braced. Slowly push your hips back, bend your knees and lower to the ground until your thighs are parallel with the ground. Be sure to keep your knees over your ankles the entire time. Rise back to starting position.
  • Push ups: Starting position on the floor with hands slightly wider then shoulder length and feet directly behind you. Lower your chest to the ground, bending your elbows while keeping your legs extended behind you. Hold for 2 seconds then press back up.
  • Sit-ups: Lying flat on your back with bent knees and feet planted firming on the ground. Without pulling on your neck, tighten your core and curl your body up towards your knees. Hold for 2 seconds and release back to starting position. Repeat.
  • Jumping Squats: Perform a squat until your thighs are parallel with the ground. Then press your feet into the ground and explode off the ground jumping as high as you can! Allow your knees to bend to 45° when you land.
  • Tricep Dips: Position your hands behind you, shoulder width apart, on a secure table, bench or chair. Extend your legs out in front of you, with your butt hanging off of the edge of the bench, chair or table. With your arms straighten behind you, slowly start to bend your elbow and lower your butt to the ground until your elbows are at a 90° angle or your triceps are parallel with the ground. Push yourself back up to starting position.
  • Plank: These are “low planks” which means on your forearms, not on your hands. Place elbows directly beneath your shoulders and extend your legs. Press through your heels so calves are lengthened. Draw your navel toward your spine and engage your glutes and hold.
  • Mountain Climbers: Start in high plank position, arms straightened out with hands on the ground and legs extended behind you. While keeping your back flat, core engaged and hips down lift your right knee to your right elbow – return to starting position while lifting your left knee to your left elbow. Repeat process and continue switching legs while increasing the pace.
  • Russian Twists: Sit on the floor with your legs straight out in front of you. Slowly lean your back back to a 45° angle, your body will look like a V shape. Engaging your core while legs are extended in front of you, balance on your tailbone (or sit bone) and begin twisting your torso to either side without moving your legs.
  • Curtesy Lunges: Stand with your feet shoulder width apart, knees slightly bent. Keep your back straight and core engaged – lunge backward moving your right foot behind your leg foot and bending your knee until your left thigh is parallel to the ground or your right knee touches the ground. Return to starting position then repeat with the other side.
  • Hip Bridges: Lie flat on your back, your knees bent and arms flat on the ground. Your feet should be hip-distance apart with your heels as close to your butt as possible. In one fluid motion, push up through your heels to lift your hips toward the ceiling while squeezing your glutes. Hold 3 to 5 seconds, then lower.
  • Reverse Sit-ups: Starting position is lying on your back with your hands at your side and legs about 4-6 inches off the floor.Slowly lower your legs toward the floor (don’t touch the floor!) then raise up to point at the ceiling. Your hips will slightly lift off the floor as your toes get closer to the ceiling. Extend you legs back down to the starting position. Keep your legs straight and hovering above the floor. Avoid touching the floor.

Who’s in?

30 Likes

I’m intrigued but we shall see how my body feels after a few days rest. I may do a modified version. Put me down as a solid maybe :joy:

5 Likes

Ok I will definitely need to modify and maybe excuse myself. BUT I have a very fit 15 yr old child who needs to log 100 hrs of activity for her PE 10 mark that will be joining you everyday!!!

:grin:

7 Likes

:rofl::rofl: I laughed a lil too hard at this. Thankfully, I don’t need to pass PE or it would be a big fat F but I’ll be cheering your daughter on.

5 Likes

I’m in!!! It’s almost summer here so I’m back on working out!! :muscle:t2:

4 Likes

I didn’t join in on the October challenges, and after reading these details, I wish I had! :sob: I have a bum hip and knee, but I’m in… maybe with a little modification, but I’ll try.

5 Likes

I will commit to something. :rofl: Pretty sure both my rotator cuff and knees won’t allow all that…but I will I will give it a go!

5 Likes

@SinceIAwoke are you thinking easy count? Like the mountain climbers and lunges

I’m not sure what you mean by easy count? A left and a right counts as 1, if that’s it.

1 Like

I didn’t finish the October challenge… :weary: But I’m in for November! Fresh start! :muscle:t2:

1 Like

Didn’t make it to the end of a month yet. Going to give it another try.

1 Like

Day 1- did some baby half squats for a mod

3 Likes

Day 1 done! :white_check_mark: I went for a 50-minute walk, and did the exercises afterwards! :grin:

3 Likes

Day 1 :heavy_check_mark:

I did 20 minutes on the elliptical first to warm up, and I also did half squats.

2 Likes

Day 1 :white_check_mark:

It’s not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves
Julius Caesar WS

1 Like

Is it too late to join? I just made my profile today.

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum, Nick, and to the workout!

2 Likes

Day 2 :heavy_check_mark:-regular squats, no jumping

3 Likes

Day 2 :white_check_mark::call_me_hand:t2::grin:

1 Like

Never too late!! :smiley:

1 Like